Print Font Vs Display Font

  • philvdotcom
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2007
      Is there anyway currently to have a different display font to the one
      that you actually print?
      If not is this something that could be added? (Perhaps an option box to
      use either, a) the same as the display font, or b) specify a different
      font).

      The reason I ask this is becuase I regularly find myself switching
      between font sizes. I tend to use Courier New size 8 for on screen work
      which I find a comfortable size to use. However when it come to
      printing it is more a case of fitting as much code as possible onto a
      page, so I then change the 'Font' setting to size 4 or 5, print my
      document, and then change it back to size 8 for comfortable on screen
      working.

      Of course programs such as office etc get around this by using one font
      but allowing you to 'zoom in' on your document, so you can have a small
      font but still have it comfortably readable onscreen.

      Others thoughts on this appreciated as always :O)
    • Bronius Motekaitis
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13, 2007
        Yes, the option already exists:
        View>>Printer Font>> Set printer font (to set printer font)
        or
        View>>Printer Font>> Mirror screen font (to set it to whatever is used for
        on-screen display)

        cheers
        -bronius

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 13, 2007
          Yes, the option already exists:
          View>>Printer Font>> Set printer font (to set printer font)
          or
          View>>Printer Font>> Mirror screen font (to set it to whatever is used for
          on-screen display)

          cheers
          -bronius

          On 13 Mar 2007 07:59:31 -0700, philvdotcom <philvdotcom@...> wrote:

          > Is there anyway currently to have a different display font to the one
          > that you actually print?
          > If not is this something that could be added? (Perhaps an option box to
          > use either, a) the same as the display font, or b) specify a different
          > font).
          >
          > The reason I ask this is becuase I regularly find myself switching
          > between font sizes. I tend to use Courier New size 8 for on screen work
          > which I find a comfortable size to use. However when it come to
          > printing it is more a case of fitting as much code as possible onto a
          > page, so I then change the 'Font' setting to size 4 or 5, print my
          > document, and then change it back to size 8 for comfortable on screen
          > working.
          >
          > Of course programs such as office etc get around this by using one font
          > but allowing you to 'zoom in' on your document, so you can have a small
          > font but still have it comfortably readable onscreen.
          >
          > Others thoughts on this appreciated as always :O)

        • Aleem Juma
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 13, 2007
            View -> Printer Font -> Mirror Screen Font or

            On 13/03/07, philvdotcom <philvdotcom@...> wrote:
            > Is there anyway currently to have a different display font to the one
            > that you actually print?
            > If not is this something that could be added? (Perhaps an option box to
            > use either, a) the same as the display font, or b) specify a different
            > font).
            >
            > The reason I ask this is becuase I regularly find myself switching
            > between font sizes. I tend to use Courier New size 8 for on screen work
            > which I find a comfortable size to use. However when it come to
            > printing it is more a case of fitting as much code as possible onto a
            > page, so I then change the 'Font' setting to size 4 or 5, print my
            > document, and then change it back to size 8 for comfortable on screen
            > working.
            >
            > Of course programs such as office etc get around this by using one font
            > but allowing you to 'zoom in' on your document, so you can have a small
            > font but still have it comfortably readable onscreen.
            >
            > Others thoughts on this appreciated as always :O)

          • Daniel Roth
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 13, 2007
              "philvdotcom" <philvdotcom@...> wrote:

              >Is there anyway currently to have a different display font to the one
              >that you actually print?

              AFAIS you can switch the printer font in Tools > Preferences > Fonts
              under Area: (look for Printer) without changing the display font.
            • philvdotcom
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 13, 2007
                Ahhh so much easier :O)

                Thanks :O)