Re: [edit+] Re: Suggestions for the future versions

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
      On Feb 27, 2007, at 14:50, Michael L. Jones wrote:

      > Using markers takes an extra step (F9) that you might not remember to
      > take before you left the line. Plus, you'd have to clear them as you
      > stepped back to the starting point, because you don't want the markers
      > to exist the next time you drill down.

      I agree; I was just offering a possible solution for navigation until
      such time when this feature is implemented, if at all.

      A few other means that you can employ, which may help in your
      navigation are:

      1. Use the "Function List" window. Alternatively you can edit the
      regular expression with a pattern of your own to catch other "titular"
      sections of your document/code file, which do not need to be
      "functions".

      2. The Function List window contains a feature that auto-marks all
      function header lines, so that you are able to step through all
      functions quickly using F4/SHIFT+F4 without having to open the window
      again.

      3. Perform a "Find in Files" search for a specific pattern, in the
      current file, then double click the lines in the output window to go
      directly to them.

      These are just some of the navigational methods inherent in EditPlus.
      They may not be the best or the most common, but once you get used to
      using them, it becomes easier to traverse large files. Everyone has
      their preferred method from their alternative editor, but the fact that
      such method is not available in EditPlus does not mean that you have to
      be stuck using just the "up/down" arrow/page keys.

      I hope this helps,

      If it wasn't for C, we would be stuck using BASI, PASAL and OBOL.
    • Carlo
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 14, 2007
        Just one more suggestion, auto indent for some languages like html,
        java, c..

        tks
        Carlo

        -- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

        > On Feb 27, 2007, at 14:50, Michael L. Jones wrote:
        >
        > > Using markers takes an extra step (F9) that you might not
        remember to
        > > take before you left the line. Plus, you'd have to clear them as
        you
        > > stepped back to the starting point, because you don't want the
        markers
        > > to exist the next time you drill down.
        >
        > I agree; I was just offering a possible solution for navigation
        until
        > such time when this feature is implemented, if at all.
        >
        > A few other means that you can employ, which may help in your
        > navigation are:
        >
        > 1. Use the "Function List" window. Alternatively you can edit the
        > regular expression with a pattern of your own to catch
        other "titular"
        > sections of your document/code file, which do not need to be
        > "functions".
        >
        > 2. The Function List window contains a feature that auto-marks all
        > function header lines, so that you are able to step through all
        > functions quickly using F4/SHIFT+F4 without having to open the
        window
        > again.
        >
        > 3. Perform a "Find in Files" search for a specific pattern, in the
        > current file, then double click the lines in the output window to
        go
        > directly to them.
        >
        > These are just some of the navigational methods inherent in
        EditPlus.
        > They may not be the best or the most common, but once you get used
        > using them, it becomes easier to traverse large files. Everyone
        has
        > their preferred method from their alternative editor, but the fact
        that
        > such method is not available in EditPlus does not mean that you
        have to
        > be stuck using just the "up/down" arrow/page keys.
        >
        > I hope this helps,

        > If it wasn't for C, we would be stuck using BASI, PASAL and OBOL.

      • Aleem Juma
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 14, 2007
          already implemented

          tools -> preferences -> files / settings and syntax -> tab/indent button
          can set auto-indent settings there.