Re: [edit+] Suggestions for the future versions

  • qsfe-kdhw@spamex.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 27 1:10 PM
      Wow -- this is what I love about this list: discovering the odd little
      tidbit here and there. And here I always thought there was NO way of
      reordering tabs! Yay!!

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
        On Feb 27, 2007, at 14:50, Michael L. Jones wrote:

        > Using markers takes an extra step (F9) that you might not remember to
        > take before you left the line. Plus, you'd have to clear them as you
        > stepped back to the starting point, because you don't want the markers
        > to exist the next time you drill down.

        I agree; I was just offering a possible solution for navigation until
        such time when this feature is implemented, if at all.

        A few other means that you can employ, which may help in your
        navigation are:

        1. Use the "Function List" window. Alternatively you can edit the
        regular expression with a pattern of your own to catch other "titular"
        sections of your document/code file, which do not need to be
        "functions".

        2. The Function List window contains a feature that auto-marks all
        function header lines, so that you are able to step through all
        functions quickly using F4/SHIFT+F4 without having to open the window
        again.

        3. Perform a "Find in Files" search for a specific pattern, in the
        current file, then double click the lines in the output window to go
        directly to them.

        These are just some of the navigational methods inherent in EditPlus.
        They may not be the best or the most common, but once you get used to
        using them, it becomes easier to traverse large files. Everyone has
        their preferred method from their alternative editor, but the fact that
        such method is not available in EditPlus does not mean that you have to
        be stuck using just the "up/down" arrow/page keys.

        I hope this helps,

        If it wasn't for C, we would be stuck using BASI, PASAL and OBOL.
      • Carlo
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 14, 2007
          Just one more suggestion, auto indent for some languages like html,
          java, c..

          tks
          Carlo

          -- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

          > On Feb 27, 2007, at 14:50, Michael L. Jones wrote:
          >
          > > Using markers takes an extra step (F9) that you might not
          remember to
          > > take before you left the line. Plus, you'd have to clear them as
          you
          > > stepped back to the starting point, because you don't want the
          markers
          > > to exist the next time you drill down.
          >
          > I agree; I was just offering a possible solution for navigation
          until
          > such time when this feature is implemented, if at all.
          >
          > A few other means that you can employ, which may help in your
          > navigation are:
          >
          > 1. Use the "Function List" window. Alternatively you can edit the
          > regular expression with a pattern of your own to catch
          other "titular"
          > sections of your document/code file, which do not need to be
          > "functions".
          >
          > 2. The Function List window contains a feature that auto-marks all
          > function header lines, so that you are able to step through all
          > functions quickly using F4/SHIFT+F4 without having to open the
          window
          > again.
          >
          > 3. Perform a "Find in Files" search for a specific pattern, in the
          > current file, then double click the lines in the output window to
          go
          > directly to them.
          >
          > These are just some of the navigational methods inherent in
          EditPlus.
          > They may not be the best or the most common, but once you get used
          > using them, it becomes easier to traverse large files. Everyone
          has
          > their preferred method from their alternative editor, but the fact
          that
          > such method is not available in EditPlus does not mean that you
          have to
          > be stuck using just the "up/down" arrow/page keys.
          >
          > I hope this helps,

          > If it wasn't for C, we would be stuck using BASI, PASAL and OBOL.

        • Aleem Juma
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 14, 2007
            already implemented

            tools -> preferences -> files / settings and syntax -> tab/indent button
            can set auto-indent settings there.