Re: FTProblem with 2.30

  • gnusystems
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
      Michael,

      [[ This is pretty obvious, but did you try re-entering your password in
      EditPlus? ]]

      I did, after the download; didn't help. But just now i was about to try
      again, and to get ready for that, checked my FTP Settings. Under
      Advanced Options, i reset "Firewall settings" to "None". (I'm quite sure
      that's how it was originally set, but i'd tried other settings while
      tinkering with it.) Anyway, as soon as i tried it this time, it worked.
      So FTP is working now, but i still don't know why it wasn't working
      before. Oh well ... Thanks for your help in any case!

      This was interesting:
      [[ Version 2.30 uses a new file (ftp2.ini, rather than ftp.ini) to store
      the FTP settings. ]]
      I looked at both files but of course didn't try to alter them manually.

      [[ There is a new option in 2.30 to store some settings by user
      (C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\EditPlus 2) rather
      than globally. Which did you pick? ]]

      You're referring to a question that appears during installation, right?
      I don't recall now what the default is, but i didn't change it. (If
      you're referring to something else, where is it? I can't find it under
      Preferences.)

      gary
    • Michael L. Jones
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
        Yes, it is an option during setup. I originally chose personalized
        settings, then switched back, but it was so long ago that I forgot how
        I did it. I can't find a setting that controls it, either in
        the ini files or the registry. Maybe I reinstalled? Someone else
        probably knows.

        BTW, I'm starting a new thread on the storage of configuration
        settings that was inspired by this futile search.