Question concerning "Run as text filter" and Linenumbers

  • loddi82
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2006
      Hi there,
      i have a problem with the "Run as text filter" option.

      I have a lot of php-files in which i want to extract non-code-parts
      (text like "Thank you for registereing on my site...") by selecting
      them with the mouse, then i hit ctrl+1 and java application then
      extracts the selected text and replaces it with the name of a
      variable. In the java app, i add a line number to the variable befor
      sending it back.

      So far it works perfekt. But now i have the situation that there are
      several of this non-code-parts in one line, and as they are all parts
      of one sentence (I do the hole thing to get a file of my website which
      can easily be translated into other languages), i must find a way to
      mark them as "belonging together".

      Now i ask you if there is a possibility to send the line number
      together with the selected text to my java app, so i can check these
      numbers and name the varibales accordingly, so i can later find out
      that they belong to one sentence. (a sentence is always written in one
      line in the php files)

      Thank you very much

      -Loddi

      PS: excuse my english, i only had school-english ;)
    • Michael L. Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26, 2006
        Using $(CurLine) as an argument sends the current line number.