Code Folding at Last!!!

  • chuck_boyd
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2 9:43 PM
      I am checking out the latest E+ beta and one of the new features is
      code folding. I have been waiting 6 years for this:)
    • Mr A Price
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2 10:13 PM
        Hi Chuck,

        I am not a beta tester, but I am keen to hear when it will be released
        to the rest of the world.

        How long has it been out in beta?

        Is it a new version like v3.x or is it still v2.x?

        What is triggering the folding?

        Does it have individual settings for each file type?

        Go on, tell us a little more, when you can.

        Regards,
        Andrew.

        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "chuck_boyd" <chuck_boyd@...> wrote:

        > I am checking out the latest E+ beta and one of the new features is
        > code folding. I have been waiting 6 years for this:)

      • Kelvin Wu
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2 10:58 PM
          it is v2.30

          just a basic code folding feature, expand/collaspe code block, and has bug
          on screen display....

          *What's New

          **2.30 beta build 75 (2006-07-03)*

          <feature>
          * Code Folding based on line indentation (View->Code Folding).
          * 'Copy as HTML' command (Edit->Clipboard).
          * 'Search Document', 'Search All Open Files' command (Edit->Insert).
          * $(WindwList) argument macro supports 'Create temp file of remote file'
          option.
          * 'Use XHTML tags' option (Preferences->General).
          * Setup program supports 'Store configuration files in user profile
          directory' option.
          * 'Sum' command (Tools).
          * 'View in Browser 2' command (View).
          * 'Create File' command (Directory Window).
          * 'Default encoding' option (Preferences->Files).
          * 'Beginning page number' option (Preferences->Print).
          * Holding down the Shift key when deleting file bypasses the Recycle Bin.
          * Backup File Directory option allows environment variable.
          * 'Warn if server doesn't respond in 10 sec.' option (FTP Settings).
          * Adds 'Document'->'File Format Multiple' as a separate command.
          * Toolbar button for 'File Directory', 'Monitor Clipbaord', 'Set Read Only'.
          * 'Use system font in dialog box' option (Preferences->Fonts).

          <bug fix>
          * On the FTP upload status, cancel button could cause program crash.
          * Word wrap could be wrong when deleting text.
          * Find and replace on column selection could cause program crash.
          * 'Force displaying hidden files' FTP option caused problem with VMS
          servers.
          * Keystroke recordings did not work with the Tabs to Spaces command.
          * Some Hangul IME did not work correctly.
          * sftp could not handle servers which send SSH_MSG_IGNORE packet.
          * FTP did not work correctly with some Mac servers.
          * Program could crash with some syntax files.
          * Duplicate Char command did not work correctly in some cases.
          * NTFS File summaries were not preserved on file save.
          * Clicking '..' on Open Remote dialog box did not work with VMS servers.

          On 7/3/06, Mr A Price <mr_aprice@...> wrote:

          > Hi Chuck,
          >
          > I am not a beta tester, but I am keen to hear when it will be released
          > to the rest of the world.
          >
          > How long has it been out in beta?
          >
          > Is it a new version like v3.x or is it still v2.x?
          >
          > What is triggering the folding?
          >
          > Does it have individual settings for each file type?
          >
          > Go on, tell us a little more, when you can.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Andrew.
          >
          > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "chuck_boyd" <chuck_boyd@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am checking out the latest E+ beta and one of the new features is
          > > code folding. I have been waiting 6 years for this:)

        • Jason Kleinberg
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3 7:16 AM
            Is there a link to the file, or is it a closed beta?

            On 7/3/06, Kelvin Wu <kelvin.wu@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > * Clicking '..' on Open Remote dialog box did not work with VMS servers.
            >

            > On 7/3/06, Mr A Price <mr_aprice@... <mr_aprice%40yahoo.com.au>>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Chuck,
            > >
            > > I am not a beta tester, but I am keen to hear when it will be released
            > > to the rest of the world.
            > >
            > > How long has it been out in beta?
            > >
            > > Is it a new version like v3.x or is it still v2.x?
            > >
            > > What is triggering the folding?
            > >
            > > Does it have individual settings for each file type?
            > >
            > > Go on, tell us a little more, when you can.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Andrew.
            > >
            > > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com <editplus%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > "chuck_boyd" <chuck_boyd@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I am checking out the latest E+ beta and one of the new features is
            > > > code folding. I have been waiting 6 years for this:)

            Jason Kleinberg Luctor International, L.L.C.
            Systems Administrator http://vangoghvodka.com

            6250 Pinecastle Blvd. Phone - 407 812-4229
            Orlando, FL 32809 Fax - 407 812-8579
            Main - 407 812-8571 Email - jason@...

          • chuck_boyd
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3 3:36 PM
              It is a closed Beta. I am not sure how to sign up. I signed up years ago.

              -c

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3 3:40 PM
                On Jul 3, 2006, at 18:36, chuck_boyd wrote:

                > It is a closed Beta. I am not sure how to sign up. I signed up years
                > ago.
                >
                > -c

                You need to be a registered user and send an e-mail to Sangil Kim at
                support@...