Syntax Colour dot notation in Actionscript 2.0

  • ria_developer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 20, 2006
      I have problems with syntax colouring of actionscript dot notation
      in as2.stx (Flash MX ActionScript 2.0 Syntax File - as2.stx -
      downloaded from stx files on web site).

      e.g.

      these dot notations (key phrases) should all be syntax coloured ..

      mx.data.binding.Binding
      mx.data.binding.ComponentMixins
      mx.data.binding.DataAccessor
      mx.data.binding.DataType
      mx.data.binding.EndPoint
      mx.data.binding.TypedValue
      mx.data.components.DataHolder
      mx.data.components.DataSet
      mx.data.components.RDBMSResolver
      mx.data.components.WebServiceConnector
      mx.data.components.XMLConnector
      mx.data.components.XUpdateResolver
      mx.data.components.datasetclasses.Delta
      mx.data.components.datasetclasses.DeltaItem
      mx.data.components.datasetclasses.DeltaPacket
      mx.services.Log
      mx.services.PendingCall
      mx.services.SOAPCall
      mx.services.WebService

      but they are not .. only parts of the dot syntax are coloured.

      I thought that if dot (.) was deleted from #DELIMITER list

      #DELIMITER=,(){}[]-+*%/="'~!&|<>?:;.

      this would allow full dot notation syntax to be coloured .. i.e.
      each of above are listed under #KEYWORDS .. but it still does not
      work.

      How in general to syntax colour dot notation (several keywords
      connected by dots) if they are all listed as above in as2.stx?
    • designwallah
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2006
        My quick and dirty answer would be to add each if the individual
        phrases without the dots (ie. mx, data, binding, ComponentMixins,
        components, etc) as KEYWORDS.

        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "ria_developer" <ria_developer@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 23, 2006
          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "designwallah" <francism@...> wrote:

          > My quick and dirty answer would be to add each if the individual
          > phrases without the dots (ie. mx, data, binding, ComponentMixins,
          > components, etc) as KEYWORDS.
          >
          > > mx.data.binding.Binding
          > > mx.data.binding.ComponentMixins
          > > mx.data.binding.DataAccessor
          > > ... ...

          Yes .. that works .. but it's not an ideal solution since it still
          validates incorrect combinations of sub-keywords.

          e.g. it would validate a wrong combination like this ..

          ComponentMixins.binding.data.mx

          Other syntax colouring schemes use HTML entity or escape characters.

          Wondering if I should try this for dot .. &046; .. I'll try it.

          I'm looking at GeSHi syntax colourer .. http://qbnz.com/highlighter/
        • johan.bovin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 27, 2006
            wrote:

            > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "designwallah" <francism@> wrote:
            > >
            > > My quick and dirty answer would be to add each if the individual
            > > phrases without the dots (ie. mx, data, binding, ComponentMixins,
            > > components, etc) as KEYWORDS.
            > >
            > > > mx.data.binding.Binding
            > > > mx.data.binding.ComponentMixins
            > > > mx.data.binding.DataAccessor
            > > > ... ...
            >
            > Yes .. that works .. but it's not an ideal solution since it still
            > validates incorrect combinations of sub-keywords.
            >
            > e.g. it would validate a wrong combination like this ..
            >
            > ComponentMixins.binding.data.mx
            >
            > Other syntax colouring schemes use HTML entity or escape characters.
            >
            > Wondering if I should try this for dot .. &046; .. I'll try it.
            >
            > I'm looking at GeSHi syntax colourer .. http://qbnz.com/highlighter/

            I would also like to see this and especially with multiple words.
            there seems to have been quite a few requests for this feature and it
            can't be that complicated to implement. That would make Editplus
            perfect for my work.
          • johan.bovin