Editplus miss the bookmark facility

  • Dibakar Datta
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15 12:35 AM
      Hello everyone,

      I use editplus for last 6 months. It's great editor when I use it for
      my PHP script development. But, it get miserable when I use editplus
      for a long php file to do some changes as I could not find the utility
      of bookmark in editplus.

      Even though editplus has come good with it's new version 2.21 but it
      still miss this functionality. I hope they will think about this early.

      Regards,
      Dibakar Datta
      Software Consultant
    • John Morse
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19 10:20 AM
        Use the "Marker" feature.
        Toggle marker, go to next marker...
        (Look for little green flags)

        I use editplus for last 6 months. It's great editor when I use it for my PHP
        script development. But, it get miserable when I use editplus for a long php
        file to do some changes as I could not find the utility of bookmark in
        editplus.

        Even though editplus has come good with it's new version 2.21 but it still
        miss this functionality. I hope they will think about this early.

        Regards,
        Dibakar Datta
        Software Consultant

        Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design.
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/spZplB/TM
      • jonbuoy2
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 19 11:55 AM
          Unless you're looking for persistent bookmarking... you can mark lines
          and then return to them easily in edit+. Toggle a line marker
          on/off with F9, and then use either shift-F4 to go to a previous
          marked line or F4 to go to the next line. Unfortunately there is no
          "list" feature for marked lines so you can pick and choose, but it's
          better than nothing. It gets me around my big php files.

          -Jonbuoy

          "Faster! Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of
          death." - Hunter S. Thompson

          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Dibakar Datta" <dibakar_datta@...>
          wrote:

          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > I use editplus for last 6 months. It's great editor when I use it for
          > my PHP script development. But, it get miserable when I use editplus
          > for a long php file to do some changes as I could not find the utility
          > of bookmark in editplus.
          >
          > Even though editplus has come good with it's new version 2.21 but it
          > still miss this functionality. I hope they will think about this early.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Dibakar Datta
          > Software Consultant

        • Aleem Juma
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 19 1:29 PM
            I guess in theory you could use comments as markers then use the
            function list feature (with suitable syntax) to get to them