Bracket and braces highlighting

  • scmascot
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hi guys,

      Does anyone know where to enable highlighting of {'s and ('s opposites
      when your text pointer (is that the name for it? I forget) is on it?
      Most of the big IDEs (Zend, Eclipse, VS 2005, Borland 2006, etc.) have
      it, and it's quite helpful when you've got jumbled code and need to
      find a matching brace/bracket.

      Thanks!
    • Aleem Juma
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2006
        View menu -> Matching Brace

        Also useful:
        Ctrl + ] Find matching brace
        Ctrl + Shift + ] Select text between this brace and its match

        On 31/03/06, scmascot <scmascot@...> wrote:
        > Hi guys,
        >
        > Does anyone know where to enable highlighting of {'s and ('s opposites
        > when your text pointer (is that the name for it? I forget) is on it?
        > Most of the big IDEs (Zend, Eclipse, VS 2005, Borland 2006, etc.) have
        > it, and it's quite helpful when you've got jumbled code and need to
        > find a matching brace/bracket.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Brett Patterson
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2006
          What version is that, because I don't see it....

          View
          + Toolbar
          + Usertoolbar
          + Statusbar
          +-------------
          + Cliptext Window
          + Directory Window
          + Output Window
          + Document Selector
          +--------------------
          + Document Selector Options...
          + Full screen

          ~Brett

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2006
            On Apr 2, 2006, at 12:13, Aleem Juma wrote:

            > View menu -> Matching Brace
            >
            > Also useful:
            > Ctrl + ] Find matching brace
            > Ctrl + Shift + ] Select text between this brace and its match

            You also should check the Preference window, Color section, to set your
            preferred color for the matching brace highlight.

            dZ.
          • Aleem Juma
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3, 2006
              2.20

              On 03/04/06, Brett Patterson <bpat1434@...> wrote:
              > What version is that, because I don't see it....
              >
              > View
              > + Toolbar
              > + Usertoolbar
              > + Statusbar
              > +-------------
              > + Cliptext Window
              > + Directory Window
              > + Output Window
              > + Document Selector
              > +--------------------
              > + Document Selector Options...
              > + Full screen
              >
              > ~Brett
              >
              > Aleem Juma wrote:
              > > View menu -> Matching Brace
              > >
              > > Also useful:
              > > Ctrl + ] Find matching brace
              > > Ctrl + Shift + ] Select text between this brace and its match
              > >

              > > On 31/03/06, scmascot <scmascot@...> wrote:
              > >
              > >> Hi guys,
              > >>
              > >> Does anyone know where to enable highlighting of {'s and ('s opposites
              > >> when your text pointer (is that the name for it? I forget) is on it?
              > >> Most of the big IDEs (Zend, Eclipse, VS 2005, Borland 2006, etc.) have
              > >> it, and it's quite helpful when you've got jumbled code and need to
              > >> find a matching brace/bracket.
              > >>
              > >> Thanks!
              > >>

              > >> http://www.editplus.com
              > >> Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >>

              > > http://www.editplus.com
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Michael L. Jones
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3, 2006
                Man, you either have an ancient version, or you don't have EditPlus
                <g>. Check Help->About EditPlus.

                --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Brett Patterson <bpat1434@...> wrote:

                > What version is that, because I don't see it....
                >
                > View
                > + Toolbar
                > + Usertoolbar
                > + Statusbar
                > +-------------
                > + Cliptext Window
                > + Directory Window
                > + Output Window
                > + Document Selector
                > +--------------------
                > + Document Selector Options...
                > + Full screen
                >
                > ~Brett
                >
                > Aleem Juma wrote:
                > > View menu -> Matching Brace
                > >
                > > Also useful:
                > > Ctrl + ] Find matching brace
                > > Ctrl + Shift + ] Select text between this brace and its match
                > >

                > > On 31/03/06, scmascot <scmascot@...> wrote:
                > >
                > >> Hi guys,
                > >>
                > >> Does anyone know where to enable highlighting of {'s and ('s
                opposites
                > >> when your text pointer (is that the name for it? I forget) is on it?
                > >> Most of the big IDEs (Zend, Eclipse, VS 2005, Borland 2006, etc.)
                have
                > >> it, and it's quite helpful when you've got jumbled code and need to
                > >> find a matching brace/bracket.
                > >>
                > >> Thanks!
              • graphics2code
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 3, 2006
                  Actually it seems you are looking in the "Toolbars/Views". You only
                  want to look in the "View" menu.

                  Matt

                  --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L. Jones" <mljones1947@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Man, you either have an ancient version, or you don't have EditPlus
                  > <g>. Check Help->About EditPlus.
                  >
                  > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Brett Patterson <bpat1434@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > What version is that, because I don't see it....
                  > >
                  > > View
                  > > + Toolbar
                  > > + Usertoolbar
                  > > + Statusbar
                  > > +-------------
                  > > + Cliptext Window
                  > > + Directory Window
                  > > + Output Window
                  > > + Document Selector
                  > > +--------------------
                  > > + Document Selector Options...
                  > > + Full screen
                  > >
                  > > ~Brett
                  > >
                  > > Aleem Juma wrote:
                  > > > View menu -> Matching Brace
                  > > >
                  > > > Also useful:
                  > > > Ctrl + ] Find matching brace
                  > > > Ctrl + Shift + ] Select text between this brace and its match

                  > opposites
                  > have

                • Brett Patterson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 3, 2006
                    Nope, I'm using v 2.21 (330)....
                    it's just not there....

                    Michael L. Jones wrote:
                    > Man, you either have an ancient version, or you don't have EditPlus
                    > <g>. Check Help->About EditPlus.
                    >
                    > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Brett Patterson <bpat1434@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> What version is that, because I don't see it....
                    >>
                    >> View
                    >> + Toolbar
                    >> + Usertoolbar
                    >> + Statusbar
                    >> +-------------
                    >> + Cliptext Window
                    >> + Directory Window
                    >> + Output Window
                    >> + Document Selector
                    >> +--------------------
                    >> + Document Selector Options...
                    >> + Full screen
                    >>
                    >> ~Brett
                    >>
                    >> Aleem Juma wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> View menu -> Matching Brace
                    >>>
                    >>> Also useful:
                    >>> Ctrl + ] Find matching brace
                    >>> Ctrl + Shift + ] Select text between this brace and its match

                    > opposites

                    > have

                  • Brett Patterson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 3, 2006
                      Ah, you know what it was? It's not an option if you don't have a file
                      open.....
                      Found it... my bad...

                      ~Brett

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
                        Hello:
                        Well, that's interesting to know. First, Sangil decided to uncheck
                        the option by default, confusing most of us that thought that the
                        function was pre-set by setting the color. Second, he decided to put
                        the option to enable it in a dynamic menu option that you might not
                        even be aware of when you open the program without a document.

                        dZ.