[edit+] Re: Preview in Firefox & IE

  • T Cosmas
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 28, 2006
      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "John Morse" <john_morse@...> wrote:

      > I use this "user tool" to launch FireFox:
      >
      > Menu Text: Firefox Browser
      > Command: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
      > Argument: file:///"$(FilePath)"
      > Check "Save open files"

      That works well for me. I often have to save the file, browse to it
      and then open in FF to check it as the display is much different than
      what you see in the preview.
    • T Cosmas
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 28, 2006
        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L. Jones" <mljones1947@...>
        wrote:

        > "$(FilePath)" works for me, EXCEPT when I try it on a new HTML file
        > that hasn't manually been saved to a real file with a name.

        Well, you are correct. But as you will eventually save it, I guess
        you'll just have to save it before you preview it in FF. A small price
        to pay I think. My guess is that the 'browser' in EditPlus is reading
        the virtual file out of memory and FF (or IE/OPRA/etc.) need physical
        files. Some programs create temporary files whose name is passed to
        the browser.