Reload working files on startup and Windows XP mapped drives - problem
I am a long time user of EditPlus 2 and it's my favourite program.
I am currently at a site where I'm having a recurring problem.
I have two mapped drives that are reconnected at logon. I have to
login to these drives every time I restart Windows - I'm not sure if
this is an XP function - I recall not having to login in Windows
2000 - the passwords were remembered.
Here's the scenario:
- I quit EditPlus with a file from one of the mapped drives still
- I restart Windows XP.
- I start up EditPlus 2 with "Reload working files on startup" set.
(I have forgotten to login to the mapped drive)
- I get an error message from EditPlus: The file does not exist.
(This occurs because I have not logged in to the network drive)
- I try logging in to the mapped drive.
- My User ID is locked out of the mapped drive. I then have to get
tesh support to unlock my Windows User ID.
I suppose I can avoid this scenario by not setting "Reload working
files on startup to on" - but I do like this feature.