Reload working files on startup and Windows XP mapped drives - problem

  • francismariani
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2006
      Hello,

      I am a long time user of EditPlus 2 and it's my favourite program.

      I am currently at a site where I'm having a recurring problem.

      I have two mapped drives that are reconnected at logon. I have to
      login to these drives every time I restart Windows - I'm not sure if
      this is an XP function - I recall not having to login in Windows
      2000 - the passwords were remembered.

      Here's the scenario:
      - I quit EditPlus with a file from one of the mapped drives still
      open.
      - I restart Windows XP.
      - I start up EditPlus 2 with "Reload working files on startup" set.
      (I have forgotten to login to the mapped drive)
      - I get an error message from EditPlus: The file does not exist.
      (This occurs because I have not logged in to the network drive)
      - I try logging in to the mapped drive.
      - My User ID is locked out of the mapped drive. I then have to get
      tesh support to unlock my Windows User ID.

      I suppose I can avoid this scenario by not setting "Reload working
      files on startup to on" - but I do like this feature.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,

      Francis.