EditPlus Crashes...

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 21, 2006
      Hi All,

      I am running version 2.21 (330) (registered) and am wondering if
      this is the latest version?

      If it is, is there anyone experiencing crashes when using the
      Function List?

      It works for awhile and then EditPlus crashes. Then when I try
      again for a few times it still crashes. Then I open Editplus a
      couple more times without using the Function List. Then it
      works again - for awhile (10 or more times).

      I have remapped the Ctrl+F11 to F2, but I can not see how this
      would create this problem.

      I have so many things installed on my system, so I thought I
      would check if anyone else had the same issue before I email
      support.

      Regards,
      Andrew.
    • Aleem Juma
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 22, 2006
        does it still happen using f11 i.e. without the mapping?

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 22, 2006
          On Feb 21, 2006, at 23:00, Andrew wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > I am running version 2.21 (330) (registered) and am wondering if
          > this is the latest version?

          There's a new beta out (I think its build 336).

          > If it is, is there anyone experiencing crashes when using the
          > Function List?

          Not me.

          > It works for awhile and then EditPlus crashes. Then when I try
          > again for a few times it still crashes. Then I open Editplus a
          > couple more times without using the Function List. Then it
          > works again - for awhile (10 or more times).

          Does it crash when you try to open the Function List, or while using
          the Function List? Is it always with a particular source file or with
          any? Is there an "unusually" large number of functions or do they
          follow any strange (read: non-default) patterns?

          "Bastard Operators don't just win. Anyone can win. Bastard Operators
          win and totally demoralise. That's real winning."

          -- BOfH
        • Andrew
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 22, 2006
            I will try this tomorrow.

            Thanks.

            Aleem Juma wrote:

            > does it still happen using f11 i.e. without the mapping?
            >

            > On 22/02/06, Andrew <mr_aprice@...> wrote:
            > > Hi All,
            > >
            > > I am running version 2.21 (330) (registered) and am wondering if
            > > this is the latest version?
            > >
            > > If it is, is there anyone experiencing crashes when using the
            > > Function List?
            > >
            > > It works for awhile and then EditPlus crashes. Then when I try
            > > again for a few times it still crashes. Then I open Editplus a
            > > couple more times without using the Function List. Then it
            > > works again - for awhile (10 or more times).
            > >
            > > I have remapped the Ctrl+F11 to F2, but I can not see how this
            > > would create this problem.
            > >
            > > I have so many things installed on my system, so I thought I
            > > would check if anyone else had the same issue before I email
            > > support.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Andrew.
            > >

            > > http://www.editplus.com
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > Design patent
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Design+patent&w1=Design+patent&w2=Design+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w5=Product+design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=N6YKxCriorPOZ9JE8zAPzA>
            > Design school
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Design+school&w1=Design+patent&w2=Design+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w5=Product+design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=8vBhM-8UtYSAShAMCexLxQ>
            > Design schools
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Design+schools&w1=Design+patent&w2=Design+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w5=Product+design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=sBbE8UWOR9QyOzZLADUSCw>
            >
            > Design auto dealer web site
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w1=Design+patent&w2=Design+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w5=Product+design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=Lssb7O32G_YsrZCj6miItA>
            > Product design
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Product+design&w1=Design+patent&w2=Design+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w5=Product+design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=RZ2x_h9suqEl-nSg2gIn_Q>
            > Network design
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Network+design&w1=Design+patent&w2=Design+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w5=Product+design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=0FpRyKvFdpRdDqoaVveKCg>

          • Andrew
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 22, 2006
              Hi dZ,

              I am not a beta tester but do appreciate the people that are.

              I will try to notice next time if the crash is while opening or
              while using the function list.

              I really only use the Function List feature with one type of
              source code but I will try some others tomorrow.

              Here is the function pattern:
              ^(//|method |methodname \'|on|procedure).*

              Regards,
              Andrew.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 22, 2006
                Andrew wrote:
                > Hi dZ,
                >
                > I am not a beta tester but do appreciate the people that are.

                That's OK, I'm also using build 330. I was just pointing out the latest
                version.

                > Here is the function pattern:
                > ^(//|method |methodname \'|on|procedure).*

                Nothing weird there...

                dZ.
              • David Rancour
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
                  I have this same crash periodically.

                  CTRL-F11 to get the function list and BAMO! EditPlus hangs and crashes.
                  Typically I can restart it, load the file and CTRL-F11 again and it'll work
                  fine. Some wierd intermittent crash.

                  >From: "Aleem Juma" <aleem.juma@...>
                  >To: editplus@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [edit+] EditPlus Crashes...
                  >Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:11:03 +0000
                  >
                  >does it still happen using f11 i.e. without the mapping?
                  >

                  >On 22/02/06, Andrew <mr_aprice@...> wrote:
                  > > Hi All,
                  > >
                  > > I am running version 2.21 (330) (registered) and am wondering if
                  > > this is the latest version?
                  > >
                  > > If it is, is there anyone experiencing crashes when using the
                  > > Function List?
                  > >
                  > > It works for awhile and then EditPlus crashes. Then when I try
                  > > again for a few times it still crashes. Then I open Editplus a
                  > > couple more times without using the Function List. Then it
                  > > works again - for awhile (10 or more times).
                  > >
                  > > I have remapped the Ctrl+F11 to F2, but I can not see how this
                  > > would create this problem.
                  > >
                  > > I have so many things installed on my system, so I thought I
                  > > would check if anyone else had the same issue before I email
                  > > support.
                  > >
                  > > Regards,
                  > > Andrew.
                  > >

                  > > http://www.editplus.com
                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Andrew
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
                    I was unable to get it to happen yesterday, so that got me thinking
                    (strange feeling...)

                    Maybe I was using the Function List to early, before EditPlus was
                    finished loading the file.

                    David - could this have happened when Editplus crashed for you?

                    I will try again today.

                    Regards,
                    Andrew