EditPlus on a flash drive

  • rlmoore0751
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2006
      I've got EditPlus installed on a flash drive but unless I'm running
      the app on the PC it was installed from I get error messages when

      I've tried the suggestion that was posted on Wiki concerning changes
      in the preferences section in EditPlus but it still gives errors when

      Has anyone found a fix/patch to make EditPlus "portable"?

      Thanks,
      Rich Moore
    • cenan ozen
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2006
        hi
        you can find information on installing on thumbdrive on www.editplus.info it is under the page installing on a thumbdrive :)

      • Michael L. Jones
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2006
          Thanks for the reference. As the author noted, you still have to
          manually change the syntax file path for each file type. A VBScript to
          change the paths is an item on the wish list.

          I'm not too bad at VBScript, so I might take a crack at it. One
          question, though. For simplicity, would it be safe to assume
          everything would be in the same folder (directory): ucd, ini, acp, and
          stx files?

          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, cenan ozen <quadruplefault@...> wrote:

          > hi
          > you can find information on installing on thumbdrive on
          www.editplus.info it is under the page installing on a thumbdrive :)
        • bpat1434
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2006
            I believe that's the current way it is now. STX and ACP files are all
            there in the same directory. If not, isn't there a way you can say
            "from this folder --> to this folder"? Like ./subfolder as in PHP or
            ASP? I thought there was... but I'm not a VB man...

            Plus, there's nothing to say you can't manually move the files from
            one place to the next, kind of create your own installer....

            ~Brett

            --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L. Jones" <mljones1947@...>