Re: [edit+] Re: hello is there any procedure to find the number of html pages in a webcite

  • gopi n
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 24, 2005
      hello
      thanks 4 replying
      but where should i apply this im not getting
      if u send me reply i ll be happy
      thanks in advance

      J <morrispeckham@...> wrote: If you have a local copy of the web site, try this:

      cd [wherever]
      dir /s *.htm*

      It should say at the end "Total files listed".

      > Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:36:22 -0000
      > From: "virusbluguy" <virusbluguy@...>
      > Subject: hello is there any procedure to find the number
      > of html pages in a webcite
      >
      > hi to all
      > im new to this group
      > is thre any procedure to find out the number
      > of html
      > pages in a website
      > pls reply me

      http://www.editplus.com

      Design patent Design school Design schools Design auto dealer web site Product design Network design

      ---------------------------------

    • Aleem Juma
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 25, 2005
        Gopi, here's a summary:

        1. You can't do this in EditPlus
        2. If you have a local copy, use your operating system to list the
        number of files in the directory. If you just want pages, not files,
        use a filter e.g. dir *.ht* /s
        3. Some FTP apps may do this for you
        4. You can't do this in EditPlus
        5. Get an app that will download entire websites like SurfOffline
        6. Get a pen and a piece of paper and write down the starting point.
        Click all the links and open them up in new windows. Repeat for each
        open window.
        7. You can't do this in EditPlus

        Key thing here, in case you missed it, is that you can't do this in
        EditPlus so this is REALLY the wrong place for asking. Please keep
        future questions EditPlus-related. Thanks.

        On 24/12/05, gopi n <virusbluguy@...> wrote:
        > hello
        > thanks 4 replying
        > but where should i apply this im not getting
        > if u send me reply i ll be happy
        > thanks in advance
        >
        > J <morrispeckham@...> wrote: If you have a local copy of the web site, try this:
        >
        > cd [wherever]
        > dir /s *.htm*
        >
        > It should say at the end "Total files listed".
        >
        > > Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:36:22 -0000
        > > From: "virusbluguy" <virusbluguy@...>
        > > Subject: hello is there any procedure to find the number
        > > of html pages in a webcite
        > >
        > > hi to all
        > > im new to this group
        > > is thre any procedure to find out the number
        > > of html
        > > pages in a website
        > > pls reply me

        > Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

        > Design patent Design school Design schools Design auto dealer web site Product design Network design

        > ---------------------------------

      • dean4086
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 25, 2005
          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Aleem Juma <aleem.juma@g...> wrote:
          > 1. You can't do this in EditPlus
          > 2. If you have a local copy, use your operating system to list the
          > number of files in the directory. If you just want pages, not files,
          > use a filter e.g. dir *.ht* /s
          > 3. Some FTP apps may do this for you
          > 4. You can't do this in EditPlus
          > 5. Get an app that will download entire websites like SurfOffline
          > 6. Get a pen and a piece of paper and write down the starting point.
          > Click all the links and open them up in new windows. Repeat for each
          > open window.
          > 7. You can't do this in EditPlus

          Just so that I'm clear on this and for the avoidance of doubt, are you
          saying that you can't do this in EditPlus?
        • Michael L. Jones
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 25, 2005
            Well, you can't do it directly in EditPlus <g>, but you can create a
            user tool.

            1. Select Tools>Preferences>Tools>User Tools starting from the menu.

            2. Select the tool group you want to use from the Groups and tool
            items drop down.

            3. Click the Add Tool button.

            4. Enter the following values:
            Menu text: (some meaningful name)
            Command: cmd
            Argument: /c "dir /s *.htm*"
            Initial directory: $(FileDir)

            5. Check Capture output.

            6. Uncheck Save open files.

            7. Click the OK button.

            8. From the Tools menu, select the proper User Tools Group, then
            select the user tool that you just created.

            The output for the dir command should appear in the output window with
            the number of files found.

            This will work for the directory of the file currently being edited,
            plus all of it's subdirectories. Remove the /s from the dir command if
            you don't want the subdirectories. If you use the directory window in
            EditPlus, you can substitute $(DirWin) for $(FileDir) if you want to
            count the files in the selected directory.

            Finally, use command.com instead of cmd if you're running Windows 95,
            98, or ME. (I think that's right, unless my memory is bad. I don't
            have anything around to test it on.)

          • gsmith@mediageneral.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 27, 2005
              But, what if I want to count ASP pages?

              Wait...

              No, don't answer. This thread has gone on long enough! This group's
              New Year's resolution should be "no more posts to the 'number of html
              pages' thread." In that case, we have 4 days to beat this dead horse to
              a pulp.

              ________________________________

              Well, you can't do it directly in EditPlus <g>, but you can create a
              user tool.

              1. Select Tools>Preferences>Tools>User Tools starting from the menu.

              2. Select the tool group you want to use from the Groups and tool
              items drop down.

              3. Click the Add Tool button.

              4. Enter the following values:
              Menu text: (some meaningful name)
              Command: cmd
              Argument: /c "dir /s *.htm*"
              Initial directory: $(FileDir)

              5. Check Capture output.

              6. Uncheck Save open files.

              7. Click the OK button.

              8. From the Tools menu, select the proper User Tools Group, then
              select the user tool that you just created.

              The output for the dir command should appear in the output window with
              the number of files found.

              This will work for the directory of the file currently being edited,
              plus all of it's subdirectories. Remove the /s from the dir command if
              you don't want the subdirectories. If you use the directory window in
              EditPlus, you can substitute $(DirWin) for $(FileDir) if you want to
              count the files in the selected directory.

              Finally, use command.com instead of cmd if you're running Windows 95,
              98, or ME. (I think that's right, unless my memory is bad. I don't
              have anything around to test it on.)

              --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, gopi n <virusbluguy@y...> wrote:

              > hello
              > thanks 4 replying
              > but where should i apply this im not getting
              > if u send me reply i ll be happy
              > thanks in advance
              >
              > J <morrispeckham@y...> wrote: If you have a local copy of
              the web site, try this:

              > cd [wherever]
              > dir /s *.htm*
              >
              > It should say at the end "Total files listed".
              >
              > > Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:36:22 -0000
              > > From: "virusbluguy" <virusbluguy@y...>
              > > Subject: hello is there any procedure to find the number
              > > of html pages in a webcite
              > >
              > > hi to all
              > > im new to this group
              > > is thre any procedure to find out the number
              > > of html
              > > pages in a website
              > > pls reply me

              http://www.editplus.com

              Design patent
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Design+patent&w1=Design+patent&w2=D
              esign+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w5=Product
              +design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=N6YKxCriorPOZ9JE8zAPzA>

              Design school
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Design+school&w1=Design+patent&w2=D
              esign+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w5=Product
              +design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=8vBhM-8UtYSAShAMCexLxQ>

              Design schools
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Design+schools&w1=Design+patent&w2=
              Design+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w5=Produc
              t+design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=sBbE8UWOR9QyOzZLADUSCw>

              Design auto dealer web site
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w1=Desi
              gn+patent&w2=Design+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+s
              ite&w5=Product+design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=Lssb7O32G_YsrZCj6
              miItA>

              Product design
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Product+design&w1=Design+patent&w2=
              Design+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w5=Produc
              t+design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=RZ2x_h9suqEl-nSg2gIn_Q>

              Network design
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Network+design&w1=Design+patent&w2=
              Design+school&w3=Design+schools&w4=Design+auto+dealer+web+site&w5=Produc
              t+design&w6=Network+design&c=6&s=131&.sig=0FpRyKvFdpRdDqoaVveKCg>