Re: [edit+] Unable to find or find/replace String...

  • Jason Kleinberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
      Are you able to find, and just not replace?

      On 11/29/05, screamersusa <screamersusa@...> wrote:

      > Greetings all.
      > For some strange reason something stopped working.
      > We have 2 strings in a notepad file that we cut and paste into the
      > find/replace dialog in Editplus2 (trial version). The first time it all
      > worked great. Tonight it wont work at all with this string, href=.
      > We tried manually typing it in the find buffer, we tried cut and paste
      > from Editplus2's document screen, we tried rebooting. Finally we had to
      > add a few characters ahead of href= and replace it with the added
      > characters and the new string. Without this working we cannot use the
      > program.

      Jason Kleinberg
      Systems Administrator

      Luctor International, L.L.C. Phone - 407 812-8571
      6250 Pinecastle Blvd. Fax - 407 812-8579
      Orlando, FL 32809 Email - jason@...

    • Michael L. Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        What does "won't work" mean: That EditPlus stops functioning or that
        the string is not found?

        Assuming that it the latter, look at the setting in the dialog box:
        Case sensative, Whole word only, and Regular expression. Make sure
        that all are unchecked, and see if that helps.