Re: [edit+] Re: [Fwd: Bug report: Document (wrongly) gets focus after opening]

    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 18, 2005
      Michael L. Jones wrote:
      > I can reproduce the behavior consistently on a fairly speedy machine,
      > even when the file being loaded is very small and there is no syntax
      > highlighting involved. You just have to quickly hit Ctrl-F when the EP
      > window appears.

      I still cannot reproduce it. Perhaps I'm not quick enough...

      > Sangil needs to add or modify his state logic on startup to not give
      > focus to the default document window if a non-modal dialog box is
      > displayed.

      I agree.

      dZ.
    • kuralj
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 20, 2005
        Not in my case - I'm using standard mouse behaviors and settings.

        Dz, is it possible that it is not occuring in the latest beta?

        I'm using the current bug patch release - 2.20 (279) on Windows XP
        Pro, not the latest beta.

        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 21, 2005
          That could be the case, although I find it strange that I can reproduce
          the problem when loading long documents, but not with initial startup
          processing...

          -dZ.

          On Nov 20, 2005, at 17:13, kuralj wrote:

          > Not in my case - I'm using standard mouse behaviors and settings.
          >
          > Dz, is it possible that it is not occuring in the latest beta?
          >
          > I'm using the current bug patch release - 2.20 (279) on Windows XP
          > Pro, not the latest beta.
          >

          > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Catcher in the Rye <evnjones@g...>
          > wrote:
          >>
          >> Is it possible that the mouse is setup so that the focus follows the
          > pointer
          >> (i.e., Xmouse) as opposed to "click-to-focus"? Since the dialogs
          > that seem
          >> to cause this behavior are non-modal, maybe the mouse pointer is
          > over the
          >> main window and not the dialog window, so control is switched back
          > to the
          >> main window?

        • Michael L. Jones
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 21, 2005
            I can replicate the behavior in the lastest beta.

            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 21, 2005
              Hello:
              I'm using Windows 2000. Could it be an OS-specific problem? something
              to do with the internal message pump handling?

              dZ.

              Michael L. Jones wrote:
              > I can replicate the behavior in the lastest beta.
              >
              > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "kuralj" <mrzzzz@h...> wrote:
              >
              >>Not in my case - I'm using standard mouse behaviors and settings.
              >>
              >>Dz, is it possible that it is not occuring in the latest beta?
              >>
              >>I'm using the current bug patch release - 2.20 (279) on Windows XP
              >>Pro, not the latest beta.

            • Michael L. Jones
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 21, 2005
                Who knows? My testing has been on XP Home and XP Pro. Hopefully Sangil
                will fix his code in the current beta cycle, and we can focus our
                brain power elsewhere <g>.