Re: [edit+] Re: [Fwd: Bug report: Document (wrongly) gets focus after opening]

    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 18, 2005
      > Strange... I can reproduce it.

      Sorry -- this was supposed to say:

      "Strange.. I _can't_ reproduce it."

      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 18, 2005
        Michael L. Jones wrote:
        > I can reproduce the behavior consistently on a fairly speedy machine,
        > even when the file being loaded is very small and there is no syntax
        > highlighting involved. You just have to quickly hit Ctrl-F when the EP
        > window appears.

        I still cannot reproduce it. Perhaps I'm not quick enough...

        > Sangil needs to add or modify his state logic on startup to not give
        > focus to the default document window if a non-modal dialog box is
        > displayed.

        I agree.

        dZ.
      • kuralj
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 20, 2005
          Not in my case - I'm using standard mouse behaviors and settings.

          Dz, is it possible that it is not occuring in the latest beta?

          I'm using the current bug patch release - 2.20 (279) on Windows XP
          Pro, not the latest beta.

          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 21, 2005
            That could be the case, although I find it strange that I can reproduce
            the problem when loading long documents, but not with initial startup
            processing...

            -dZ.

            On Nov 20, 2005, at 17:13, kuralj wrote:

            > Not in my case - I'm using standard mouse behaviors and settings.
            >
            > Dz, is it possible that it is not occuring in the latest beta?
            >
            > I'm using the current bug patch release - 2.20 (279) on Windows XP
            > Pro, not the latest beta.
            >

            > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Catcher in the Rye <evnjones@g...>
            > wrote:
            >>
            >> Is it possible that the mouse is setup so that the focus follows the
            > pointer
            >> (i.e., Xmouse) as opposed to "click-to-focus"? Since the dialogs
            > that seem
            >> to cause this behavior are non-modal, maybe the mouse pointer is
            > over the
            >> main window and not the dialog window, so control is switched back
            > to the
            >> main window?

          • Michael L. Jones
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 21, 2005
              I can replicate the behavior in the lastest beta.

              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 21, 2005
                Hello:
                I'm using Windows 2000. Could it be an OS-specific problem? something
                to do with the internal message pump handling?

                dZ.

                Michael L. Jones wrote:
                > I can replicate the behavior in the lastest beta.
                >
                > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "kuralj" <mrzzzz@h...> wrote:
                >
                >>Not in my case - I'm using standard mouse behaviors and settings.
                >>
                >>Dz, is it possible that it is not occuring in the latest beta?
                >>
                >>I'm using the current bug patch release - 2.20 (279) on Windows XP
                >>Pro, not the latest beta.

              • Michael L. Jones
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 21, 2005
                  Who knows? My testing has been on XP Home and XP Pro. Hopefully Sangil
                  will fix his code in the current beta cycle, and we can focus our
                  brain power elsewhere <g>.