Re: [edit+] Digest Number 993

  • Janet Cherbonneau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2005
      I am out of the office until 7/11/05. If you need immediate attention, please
      contact Christa Matukaitis or or another member of the IS EComm team.
      Janet

      >>> "editplus@yahoogroups.com" 07/08/05 12:51 >>>

      There are 9 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Digest Number 992
      From: "Janet Cherbonneau" <jcherbonneau@...>
      2. Re: asp.net
      From: "Michael L. Jones" <mljones1947@...>
      3. Re: asp.net
      From: "betzd" <betzd@...>
      4. Re: asp.net
      From: "Heino Saare" <heino.saare@...>
      5. Find in Files?
      From: "mark" <njtermite@...>
      6. Re: Find in Files?
      From: CyrusLV@...
      7. Re: Find in Files?
      From: Sorin BRABETE <sorin@...>
      8. Re: Find in Files?
      From: CyrusLV@...
      9. Re: Find in Files?
      From: DZ-Jay <dz@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:06:00 -0400
      From: "Janet Cherbonneau" <jcherbonneau@...>
      Subject: Re: Digest Number 992

      I am out of the office until 7/11/05. If you need immediate attention, please
      contact Christa Matukaitis or or another member of the IS EComm team.
      Janet

      >>> "editplus@yahoogroups.com" 07/07/05 14:05 >>>

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. asp.net
      From: "saarh001" <heino.saare@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:04:22 -0000
      From: "saarh001" <heino.saare@...>
      Subject: asp.net

      I'v used editplus now for some two years happily. Concurrently i have
      been also using visual studio 2003. I'd now rather just stick to
      Editplus - is anyone out there using it to compile asp.net projects
      with code-behind???

      I just ca'nt figure out the tools options to do it properly, any help
      is welcomed.

      Thankyou

      heino

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:32:18 -0000
      From: "Michael L. Jones" <mljones1947@...>
      Subject: Re: asp.net

      I'm strictly a Visual Studio guy when it comes to ASP.NET, but I think
      that you probably want to investigate NAnt, which can control building
      .NET projects. Here are some references:

      http://nant.sourceforge.net/
      http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2003/01/27/nant.html
      http://www.theserverside.net/articles/showarticle.tss?id=NAnt

      I can't find anything on how to configure it as a user tool, however.
      Maybe someone else knows how.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "saarh001" <heino.saare@l...> wrote:
      > I'v used editplus now for some two years happily. Concurrently i have
      > been also using visual studio 2003. I'd now rather just stick to
      > Editplus - is anyone out there using it to compile asp.net projects
      > with code-behind???
      >
      > I just ca'nt figure out the tools options to do it properly, any help
      > is welcomed.
      >
      > Thankyou

      Message: 3
      Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 05:08:48 -0000
      From: "betzd" <betzd@...>

      This is why 2005 is a godsend. We can finally avoid VS.NET 100%. I
      no longer have to open it to hit F7. That said...for the first time
      since V4.0 VS.NET isn't useless.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L. Jones" <mljones1947@y...>
      wrote:
      > I'm strictly a Visual Studio guy when it comes to ASP.NET, but I think
      > that you probably want to investigate NAnt, which can control building
      > .NET projects. Here are some references:
      >
      > http://nant.sourceforge.net/
      > http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2003/01/27/nant.html
      > http://www.theserverside.net/articles/showarticle.tss?id=NAnt
      >
      > I can't find anything on how to configure it as a user tool, however.
      > Maybe someone else knows how.
      >
      > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "saarh001" <heino.saare@l...> wrote:
      > > I'v used editplus now for some two years happily. Concurrently i
      have
      > > been also using visual studio 2003. I'd now rather just stick to
      > > Editplus - is anyone out there using it to compile asp.net projects
      > > with code-behind???
      > >
      > > I just ca'nt figure out the tools options to do it properly, any help
      > > is welcomed.
      > >
      > > Thankyou

      Message: 4
      Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:06:00 +0100
      From: "Heino Saare" <heino.saare@...>

      Everyone...

      Thanks for the hints, and nant looks very promising.

      I've got something to go on now. Ta.

      Heino

      Message: 5
      Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:33:21 -0000
      From: "mark" <njtermite@...>
      Subject: Find in Files?

      Hello,
      For some reason find in files is not working for me. I put the word in
      I'm looking for in find what and select a folder to search in but it
      always brings back nothing even though I know that the word is in the
      file. Any help on using this feature would be great.

      Thanks,
      Mark

      Message: 6
      Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 06:58:15 -0400
      From: CyrusLV@...
      Subject: Re: Find in Files?

      I think the files have to be opened within EditPlus.

      For some reason find in files is not working for me. I put the word in
      I'm looking for in find what and select a folder to search in but it
      always brings back nothing even though I know that the word is in the
      file. Any help on using this feature would be great.

      Thanks,
      Mark

      http://www.editplus.com
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message: 7
      Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:14:09 +0300
      From: Sorin BRABETE <sorin@...>

      Your problem is most likely related to the state of the following
      checkboxes on the find in files dialog:

      include subfolders
      case sensitive
      whole word only
      regular expression

      adjust them to your needs and try again. there's also help for these
      options...

      PS. although you may search in all the open files, the files you want to
      search in do *not* have to be open in editplus...

      mark wrote:
      > Hello,
      > For some reason find in files is not working for me. I put the word in
      > I'm looking for in find what and select a folder to search in but it
      > always brings back nothing even though I know that the word is in the
      > file. Any help on using this feature would be great.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mark

      Best Regards,
      Sorin BRABETE
      Lead developer
      (+4) 0743188005
      sorin@...

      SC SoftNews NET SRL
      Tel: (+4) 021/2305782
      Fax: (+4) 021/2305782
      eFax: (+1) 212-8980439

      http://www.softpedia.com

      Message: 8
      Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:21:00 -0400
      From: CyrusLV@...

      <<I think the files have to be opened within EditPlus.>>

      <<PS. although you may search in all the open files, the files you want
      search in do *not* have to be open in editplus...>>

      I stand corrected, thanks Sorin

      mark wrote:
      > Hello,
      > For some reason find in files is not working for me. I put the word
      in
      > I'm looking for in find what and select a folder to search in but it
      > always brings back nothing even though I know that the word is in the
      > file. Any help on using this feature would be great.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mark

      Best Regards,
      Sorin BRABETE
      Lead developer
      (+4) 0743188005
      sorin@...

      SC SoftNews NET SRL
      Tel: (+4) 021/2305782
      Fax: (+4) 021/2305782
      eFax: (+1) 212-8980439

      http://www.softpedia.com

      http://www.editplus.com
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message: 9
      Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:36:06 -0400
      From: DZ-Jay <dz@...>

      CyrusLV@... wrote:
      > Hello,
      > For some reason find in files is not working for me. I put the word in
      > I'm looking for in find what and select a folder to search in but it
      > always brings back nothing even though I know that the word is in the
      > file. Any help on using this feature would be great.

      Make sure that the Output Window is displayed. When this feature was
      first added to EditPlus, I naively complained about not getting any
      results to Sangil, and he pointed out that the results appear in the
      Output Window. Click on the menu View | Output Window.