Re: [edit+] keyboard shortcut - SearchReplace - Ctrl+H - not working

  • sn0wdon
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 17, 2005

      > > Please note, I love EditPlus and I love PowerPro.

      Thanks John and Andrew .. but the point I was making is that Ctrl+H
      is not working at all in my EditPlus configuration

      According to the keymaps, Ctrl+H should bring up the Replace
      window .. it does not in my setup.

      I did download PowerPro and I will try it .. but it seems similar to
      http://www.autohotkeys.com which I am using to create executables
      which can be called as User Tools in editPlus (effectively macros).

      Scripting programs (AutoHotKeys, AutoIT, PowerPro et al) require to
      access window controls through keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+H so
      that is why I am stuck at the moment.

      Other shortcuts work .. such as Alt+F3 .. so it is puzzling.

      Can you confirm if <your> Ctrl+H brings up the Replace window?
    • CyrusLV@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 17, 2005
        Ctrl + H works for me
        EditPlus v2.12 (225)
        XP Pro 5.1.2600

        Maybe you have some other program and/or utility running that is
        causing the keyboard shortcut not to work?

        > > Please note, I love EditPlus and I love PowerPro.

        Thanks John and Andrew .. but the point I was making is that Ctrl+H
        is not working at all in my EditPlus configuration

        According to the keymaps, Ctrl+H should bring up the Replace
        window .. it does not in my setup.

        I did download PowerPro and I will try it .. but it seems similar to
        http://www.autohotkeys.com which I am using to create executables
        which can be called as User Tools in editPlus (effectively macros).

        Scripting programs (AutoHotKeys, AutoIT, PowerPro et al) require to
        access window controls through keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+H so
        that is why I am stuck at the moment.

        Other shortcuts work .. such as Alt+F3 .. so it is puzzling.

        Can you confirm if <your> Ctrl+H brings up the Replace window?

        http://www.editplus.com
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • sn0wdon
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 17, 2005
          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, CyrusLV@a... wrote:
          > Ctrl + H works for me
          > EditPlus v2.12 (225)
          > XP Pro 5.1.2600
          >
          > Maybe you have some other program and/or utility running that is
          > causing the keyboard shortcut not to work?

          Thanks for checking .. first I ran EditPlus in Windows safe mode and
          sure enough .. the Ctrl+H shortcut worked.

          Then I had to eliminate various utilities until I found the culprit
          which was using the same shortcut (which I had set but forgotten!).

          EditPlus is now back to normal .. I'm using http://www.AutoHotKeys.com
          to target the Replace controls.
        • Andrew
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2005
            sn0wdon wrote:

            > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, CyrusLV@a... wrote:
            > > Ctrl + H works for me
            > > EditPlus v2.12 (225)
            > > XP Pro 5.1.2600
            > >
            > > Maybe you have some other program and/or utility running that is
            > > causing the keyboard shortcut not to work?
            > >
            > Thanks for checking .. first I ran EditPlus in Windows safe mode and
            > sure enough .. the Ctrl+H shortcut worked.
            >
            > Then I had to eliminate various utilities until I found the culprit
            > which was using the same shortcut (which I had set but forgotten!).
            >
            > EditPlus is now back to normal .. I'm using http://www.AutoHotKeys.com
            > to target the Replace controls.
            > <http://www.editplus.com>

            I tried to look at http://www.AutoHotKeys.com but I cannot see the web