Re: [edit+] keyboard shortcut - SearchReplace - Ctrl+H - not working

  • John Morse
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 16, 2005
      I second that!
      I love EditPlus and PowerPro

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Andrew" <mr_aprice@...>
      To: <editplus@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:10 PM

      > I have found a free utility - PowerPro
      > (http://powerpro.webeddie.com/index.html)
      > that lets me create HotKey setups (macros) that can apply to nearly any
      > app
      > by specifying the Window Title (and a wild character).
      >
      > For example, I like to use tabs as I program but all files need to be
      > saved
      > with spaces, oh and I hate trailing spaces, so now I have a HotKey - the
      > NumPad Enter setup to 1. Change tabs to spaces, 2. Trim trailing spaces,
      > 3. Save the File and then 4. Exit EditPlus. (Works about 99% of the time
      > depends on what mp3 software I have running).
      >
      > I also use PowerPro with to AutoLogin in my telnet screens, run my toolbar
      > menu, post-it notes, alarms, etc etc.
      >
      > Please note, I love EditPlus and I love PowerPro.
    • sn0wdon
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 17, 2005

        > > Please note, I love EditPlus and I love PowerPro.

        Thanks John and Andrew .. but the point I was making is that Ctrl+H
        is not working at all in my EditPlus configuration

        According to the keymaps, Ctrl+H should bring up the Replace
        window .. it does not in my setup.

        I did download PowerPro and I will try it .. but it seems similar to
        http://www.autohotkeys.com which I am using to create executables
        which can be called as User Tools in editPlus (effectively macros).

        Scripting programs (AutoHotKeys, AutoIT, PowerPro et al) require to
        access window controls through keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+H so
        that is why I am stuck at the moment.

        Other shortcuts work .. such as Alt+F3 .. so it is puzzling.

        Can you confirm if <your> Ctrl+H brings up the Replace window?
      • CyrusLV@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 17, 2005
          Ctrl + H works for me
          EditPlus v2.12 (225)
          XP Pro 5.1.2600

          Maybe you have some other program and/or utility running that is
          causing the keyboard shortcut not to work?

          > > Please note, I love EditPlus and I love PowerPro.

          Thanks John and Andrew .. but the point I was making is that Ctrl+H
          is not working at all in my EditPlus configuration

          According to the keymaps, Ctrl+H should bring up the Replace
          window .. it does not in my setup.

          I did download PowerPro and I will try it .. but it seems similar to
          http://www.autohotkeys.com which I am using to create executables
          which can be called as User Tools in editPlus (effectively macros).

          Scripting programs (AutoHotKeys, AutoIT, PowerPro et al) require to
          access window controls through keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+H so
          that is why I am stuck at the moment.

          Other shortcuts work .. such as Alt+F3 .. so it is puzzling.

          Can you confirm if <your> Ctrl+H brings up the Replace window?

          http://www.editplus.com
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • sn0wdon
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 17, 2005
            --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, CyrusLV@a... wrote:
            > Ctrl + H works for me
            > EditPlus v2.12 (225)
            > XP Pro 5.1.2600
            >
            > Maybe you have some other program and/or utility running that is
            > causing the keyboard shortcut not to work?

            Thanks for checking .. first I ran EditPlus in Windows safe mode and
            sure enough .. the Ctrl+H shortcut worked.

            Then I had to eliminate various utilities until I found the culprit
            which was using the same shortcut (which I had set but forgotten!).

            EditPlus is now back to normal .. I'm using http://www.AutoHotKeys.com
            to target the Replace controls.
          • Andrew
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 19, 2005
              sn0wdon wrote:

              > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, CyrusLV@a... wrote:
              > > Ctrl + H works for me
              > > EditPlus v2.12 (225)
              > > XP Pro 5.1.2600
              > >
              > > Maybe you have some other program and/or utility running that is
              > > causing the keyboard shortcut not to work?
              > >
              > Thanks for checking .. first I ran EditPlus in Windows safe mode and
              > sure enough .. the Ctrl+H shortcut worked.
              >
              > Then I had to eliminate various utilities until I found the culprit
              > which was using the same shortcut (which I had set but forgotten!).
              >
              > EditPlus is now back to normal .. I'm using http://www.AutoHotKeys.com
              > to target the Replace controls.
              > <http://www.editplus.com>

              I tried to look at http://www.AutoHotKeys.com but I cannot see the web