word wrap "Output Window" display

  • sn0wdon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
      word wrap preference can be set for individual file extensions ..

      Preferences > Files > Settings & Syntax

      and word wrap applies to Main window .. but not to Output Window

      can "Output Window" display be word wrapped?
    • Michael L. Jones
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
        I don't think so. If you're capturing output from a user tool, you
        might be able to run it through a command-line filter to wrap lines.
        I've only tried it briefly, but you might want to look at LM
        (http://www.cit.uws.edu.au/~zhuhan/uploads.html)

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L. Jones" <mljones1947@y...>
          wrote:
          > I don't think so. If you're capturing output from a user tool, you
          > might be able to run it through a command-line filter to wrap lines.
          > I've only tried it briefly, but you might want to look at LM
          > (http://www.cit.uws.edu.au/~zhuhan/uploads.html)

          Thanks .. I found a solution from this thread ..

          using command line options, EditPlus can open a selected file inside
          Output Window.

          argument is -o <filename.ext>
        • Michael L. Jones
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
            Huh? This doesn't work for me. I wonder what I'm missing?

            --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "sn0wdon" <dl.lists@n...> wrote:
            > Thanks .. I found a solution from this thread ..

            > using command line options, EditPlus can open a selected file inside
            > Output Window.
            >
            > argument is -o <filename.ext>
          • sn0wdon
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
              <mljones1947@y...> wrote:
              > Huh? This doesn't work for me. I wonder what I'm missing?
              >
              > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "sn0wdon" <dl.lists@n...> wrote:
              > > Thanks .. I found a solution from this thread ..

              > > using command line options, EditPlus can open a selected file
              inside
              > > Output Window.
              > >
              > > argument is -o <filename.ext>

              Looking at command line option again .. strange .. it seems to only
              work when launching EditPlus .. i.e. if EditPlus is already running
              the output window is not loaded with the target file.

              Must be a way to use command line options with EditPlus instance
              running.

              But I'll also look more closely into LM .. looks interesting.