Re: [edit+] Automatically reload file (as opposed to prompting)

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
      At around 02/02/2002 01:22 AM, You said something like:
      >I often keep log files open in EditPlus and when those files are
      >updated I don't like to have to click OK on all the prompts. Is
      >there a way they can refresh automatically every N seconds?

      Hello:
      In the newer version (still in beta) there is an option to "Reload
      modified files automatically", but it is not at intervals, it is still when
      the EditPlus window has the focus. But at least it will not prompt you.

      I haven't used the current version for a while (I have been
      testing the newer beta), so I don't know if that option is there.

      dZ.

      >+ + + + + + + + + + + +
      >http://www.editplus.com/
      >EditPlus text editor, HTML editor, programmers editor for Windows
      >+ + + + + + + + + + + +
      >
      >Post message: editplus@yahoogroups.com
      >Subscribe: editplus-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    • johndavidcrossman
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
        I often keep log files open in EditPlus and when those files are
        updated I don't like to have to click OK on all the prompts. Is
        there a way they can refresh automatically every N seconds?
      • wessto
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23 10:55 AM
          I got the latest version and saw the option for Reload Automatically,
          but it doesn't seem to work properly or at all for that matter... If
          another program writes to the file, it won't appear unless I do
          Document --> Reload

          Anyone else experience this? What I'm looking for is a way to tail -f
          log files in EditPlus...

          Todd

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/