Directory Window

  • sethbs
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2005
      Is there any way to display the files in the directory window with
      the
      file's properties? Things such as filesize and modified date would
      be
      nice.

      Thanks.
    • RonnieKiser
      Message 2 of 6 , May 20, 2012
        Can someone tell me if there is a way to set the directory window for active document to change automatically when switching documents?
        Thanks
      • mljones1947
        Message 3 of 6 , May 21, 2012
          Not that I know of, but EP surprise me all of the time. It seems that it would be a reasonable enhancement as long as it was an option. Would you expect the directory window to show the directory of the selected file each time you open it, then stay put, or would you want the display of the open directory window to jump around as files are selected?

          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "RonnieKiser" <ronniekiser@...> wrote:

          > Can someone tell me if there is a way to set the directory window for active document to change automatically when switching documents?
          > Thanks

        • RonnieKiser
          Message 4 of 6 , May 21, 2012
            I would like the directory to switch to the active file directory as I switch from one open/active filet to another open file.

            I have reason to believe that this existed in earlier versions of EP.

            Apparently there was a setting:Preferences > General >"Working directory follows active document"
            Perhaps was buggy or cause issue. At any rate I wish it was still a setting. If it is I cannot find it.

            --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "mljones1947" <mljones1947@...> wrote:

            > Not that I know of, but EP surprise me all of the time. It seems that it would be a reasonable enhancement as long as it was an option. Would you expect the directory window to show the directory of the selected file each time you open it, then stay put, or would you want the display of the open directory window to jump around as files are selected?
            >
            > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "RonnieKiser" <ronniekiser@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Can someone tell me if there is a way to set the directory window for active document to change automatically when switching documents?
            > > Thanks

          • mljones1947
            Message 5 of 6 , May 22, 2012
              Yeah, I can't recall when or why that setting disappeared. Maybe someone else remembers. You can right-click in the directory window and click "File Directory," but that's two clicks each time you work on a file in a different directory. Bummer.

              --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "RonnieKiser" <ronniekiser@...> wrote:

              > I would like the directory to switch to the active file directory as I switch from one open/active filet to another open file.
              >
              > I have reason to believe that this existed in earlier versions of EP.

              > Apparently there was a setting:Preferences > General >"Working directory follows active document"
              > Perhaps was buggy or cause issue. At any rate I wish it was still a setting. If it is I cannot find it.
              >
              > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "mljones1947" <mljones1947@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Not that I know of, but EP surprise me all of the time. It seems that it would be a reasonable enhancement as long as it was an option. Would you expect the directory window to show the directory of the selected file each time you open it, then stay put, or would you want the display of the open directory window to jump around as files are selected?
              > >
              > > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "RonnieKiser" <ronniekiser@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Can someone tell me if there is a way to set the directory window for active document to change automatically when switching documents?
              > > > Thanks

            • Arthur Lee
              Message 6 of 6 , May 23, 2012
                it sounds as if you are working with the same two directories a lot.
                You could try putting the files from both directories into one project.