Re: [edit+] Replace in Files?

  • Johan Hartin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2005
      Unless you do this every day, you won't need an extra
      tool for this.

      The edit+ way:
      1. Close all files you're working on or open a new
      instance of Edit+
      3. Use Find in Files...
      4. Right-click in the output window -> Open All
      5. Use Replace. Make sure to set Replace all range to
      All open files

      /Johan

      --- Jean-Yves <ecsbrowser@...> wrote:

      > I imagine that this has been talked about before,
      > but I could not
      > quite pin down the thread when searching the list
      > archive, so here goes:
      >
      > How can I implement Replace in Files? I know that I
      > can do a replace
      > on all open files, but I would like the option to do
      > the same thing on
      > a whole directory and its subdirectories too if
      > possible.
      >
      > I imagine that this is where the User Tools come in,
      > but I don't
      > really know what external program would be best, nor
      > how to configure
      > it in Editplus once I get hold of it.
      >
      > Can somebody please take me through the best
      > options?
      >
      > Many thanks.

    • Jean-Yves
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2005
        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Johan Hartin <johanhartin@y...> wrote:
        > Unless you do this every day, you won't need an extra
        > tool for this.
        >
        > The edit+ way:
        > 1. Close all files you're working on or open a new
        > instance of Edit+
        > 3. Use Find in Files...
        > 4. Right-click in the output window -> Open All
        > 5. Use Replace. Make sure to set Replace all range to
        > All open files

        Thanks! That's so obvious, no wonder I didn't think of it... ;)