Re: [edit+] Replace in Files?
- Unless you do this every day, you won't need an extra
tool for this.
The edit+ way:
1. Close all files you're working on or open a new
instance of Edit+
3. Use Find in Files...
4. Right-click in the output window -> Open All
5. Use Replace. Make sure to set Replace all range to
All open files
--- Jean-Yves <ecsbrowser@...> wrote:
> I imagine that this has been talked about before,
> but I could not
> quite pin down the thread when searching the list
> archive, so here goes:
> How can I implement Replace in Files? I know that I
> can do a replace
> on all open files, but I would like the option to do
> the same thing on
> a whole directory and its subdirectories too if
> I imagine that this is where the User Tools come in,
> but I don't
> really know what external program would be best, nor
> how to configure
> it in Editplus once I get hold of it.
> Can somebody please take me through the best
> Many thanks.
- --- In firstname.lastname@example.org, Johan Hartin <johanhartin@y...> wrote:
> Unless you do this every day, you won't need an extraThanks! That's so obvious, no wonder I didn't think of it... ;)
> tool for this.
> The edit+ way:
> 1. Close all files you're working on or open a new
> instance of Edit+
> 3. Use Find in Files...
> 4. Right-click in the output window -> Open All
> 5. Use Replace. Make sure to set Replace all range to
> All open files