About EUC-JP Encode file.

  • yuanhuanglin
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 1:41 AM
      Hi,

      I am asking for the patch or solution for the encoding of EUC-JP files.
      When I open files whose saved in EUC-JP encode I can read the content
      as the EditPlus only support for SHIFT_JIS code.

      So is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks.
    • Yin Bo
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 3:12 AM
        Hi, You do NOT need any patches for EUC-JP encoding on Windwos2000/XP.
        following the steps:
        1. open your EUC-JP file
        2. menu -> document -> Reload As ...
        3. click the button "..." to select the converter, choose "200932"
        this is the EUC-JP encoding on Windows.
        4. OK.

        --
        <inboo@...>
      • Huanglin Yuan
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 10:40 PM
          Thank you for your reply.

          If I want to change the EUC-JP code as my defalut encode(in reload as there is a "default" option), how can I confiure my editplus? That means, can editplus automatically display EUC-JP code files rather than conver it everytime manually.

          Thanks.

          Yin Bo <inboo@...> wrote:
          Hi, You do NOT need any patches for EUC-JP encoding on Windwos2000/XP.
          following the steps:
          1. open your EUC-JP file
          2. menu -> document -> Reload As ...
          3. click the button "..." to select the converter, choose "200932"
             this is the EUC-JP encoding on Windows.
          4. OK.

          On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:41:33 -0000
          "yuanhuanglin" <yuanhuanglin@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I am asking for the patch or solution for the encoding of EUC-JP files.
          > When I open files whose saved in EUC-JP encode I can read the content
          > as the EditPlus only support for SHIFT_JIS code.
          >
          > So is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks.

          --
          <inboo@...>

          http://www.editplus.com

          Do You Yahoo!?
          150万曲MP3疯狂搜,带您闯入音乐殿堂
          美女明星应有尽有,搜遍美图、艳图和酷图
          1G就是1000兆,雅虎电邮自助扩容!

        • inboo
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8 12:00 AM
            I am sorry that I dont know how to make EditPlus recognize EUC-JP
            automatically.
            It seems not exist a command line option or other shortcut to set
            the encoding of the file.
            I surpose you are using Japanese editon Windows. Then, If you have a
            lot of euc-jp files to edit, I think you can change the files to
            shift_jis and edit them and finally back to euc-jp.
            But be careful that, the character range of shift_jis is diffrent to
            euc-jp and euc-jp dont has half-width kana.

            --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Huanglin Yuan <yuanhuanglin@y...>