Re: Problem with PHP syntax highlighting

  • tailing_loop2003
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi,

      I'm using version 2.12(76) and all my vars are teal--even though count
      and str_replace are reserved words. If you want to post your question
      over at the EditPlus forum:

      http://www.machak.com/editplus/

      I'd be happy to compare settings with you, and see if we can figure
      something out, or I can even post a copy of my php.stx file to see if
      mine would cure the problem.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "wdzzzz" <wdz1@s...> wrote:

      > I recently noticed that EditPlus is incorrectly coloring some
      > variables in my PHP scripts. It seems that the color for "Built-in
      > functions" is overriding "Variables." For example, variables named
      > $count or $str_replace would be colored differently than other
      > variables.
      >
      > I'm currently using version 2.12 (183). In older versions (before
      > build 147 at least), this problem did not occur. Does anyone know
      > what's causing this, or how to possibly solve it? Or is it a bug?
      >
      > Thanks.
    • wdzzzz
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "tailing_loop2003"
        <tailing_loop2003@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm using version 2.12(76) and all
        > my vars are teal--even though count
        > and str_replace are reserved words.

        Well, I don't think the problem exists in build 76. Like I said in my
        first message, I'm currently using build 183 (the bug patch from 2005-
        01-08). In older versions (before build 147 at least), this problem
        did not occur.
      • crash0v3r
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 17, 2005
          I will confirm this bug in build 183.
          naming a variable $key in PHP code will color the work key in red (PHP
          functions)

          Laurent

          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "wdzzzz" <wdz1@s...> wrote:

          > I recently noticed that EditPlus is incorrectly coloring some
          > variables in my PHP scripts. It seems that the color for "Built-in
          > functions" is overriding "Variables." For example, variables named
          > $count or $str_replace would be colored differently than other
          > variables.
          >
          > I'm currently using version 2.12 (183). In older versions (before
          > build 147 at least), this problem did not occur. Does anyone know
          > what's causing this, or how to possibly solve it? Or is it a bug?
          >
          > Thanks.
        • jaguarcy
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 24, 2005
            This problem can be easily fixed by modifying the stx file. Where it says:

            #KEYWORD=Reserved words

            Replace that with:

            #KEYWORD=Variables
            ; Color all prefixed variables correctly
            ; by giving precedence to variables over
            ; reserved words and built-in functions

            #KEYWORD=Reserved words

            And then change #PREFIX3=$ to #PREFIX1=$

            Following that you'll have to redefine the colors in the color list,
            so that the 'Variables' is colored correctly, etc. This will give
            variables precedence over reserved words and built-in functions when
            highlighting.

            HOWEVER, along these lines, with the new bug fix i've noticed a
            problem with autocomplete. For example i have the built-in function
            'key' autocomplete to key(^!). However when I type $key to reference a
            variable I defined, then it still autocompletes. Is there a way to
            make the $ be part of the word, or turn autocomplete off when the word
            is prefixed with $ ????