Resize ie with command from address bar

  • Chris Sherman
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 22, 2004
      A Few years ago somone place a command to resize the it ta a
      specific pixel size by using a command in the Address bar. I can
      not find this message. If anyone has the command please post it
      again.

      P.S. I know that is off of the Editplus Subjet a little but it was
      from this list orgiginaly.
    • Andy Couch
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 22, 2004
        javascript:self.resizeTo(800,600); will do it.

        On 11/23/2004 at 12:21 AM Chris Sherman wrote:

        > A Few years ago somone place a command to resize the it ta a
        > specific pixel size by using a command in the Address bar. I can
        > not find this message. If anyone has the command please post it
        > again.
        >
        > P.S. I know that is off of the Editplus Subjet a little but it was
        > from this list orgiginaly.
      • tailing_loop2003
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 23, 2004
          > A Few years ago somone place a command to resize the it ta a
          > specific pixel size by using a command in the Address bar. I can
          > not find this message. If anyone has the command please post it
          > again.
          >
          > P.S. I know that is off of the Editplus Subjet a little but it was
          > from this list orgiginaly.

          What in the heck is an "it ta"?
        • J
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 24, 2004
            If you try this with the embedded browser window in
            EditPlus, the effect is pretty weird. The containing
            EditPlus window doesn't resize but the browser element
            does, leaving a semi-detached scroll bar. If you use this
            method to make the browser window very big then part of the
            window disappears and there's no scroll bar to get to it.

            > Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:40:44 -0800
            > From: "Andy Couch" <andy@...>
            > Subject: Re: Resize ie with command from address bar
            >
            > javascript:self.resizeTo(800,600); will do it.
            >
            > On 11/23/2004 at 12:21 AM Chris Sherman wrote:
            >
            > > A Few years ago somone place a command to resize the it
            > ta a
            > > specific pixel size by using a command in the Address
            > bar. I can
            > > not find this message. If anyone has the command
            > please post it
            > > again.
            > >
            > > P.S. I know that is off of the Editplus Subjet a little
            > but it was
            > > from this list orgiginaly.

          • Aleem Juma
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 24, 2004
              that sounds like a good one for the wiki
              does the wiki have a 'wierd' section? :-]

              On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:34:19 +0000 (GMT), J <morrispeckham@...> wrote:

              > If you try this with the embedded browser window in
              > EditPlus, the effect is pretty weird. The containing
              > EditPlus window doesn't resize but the browser element
              > does, leaving a semi-detached scroll bar. If you use this
              > method to make the browser window very big then part of the
              > window disappears and there's no scroll bar to get to it.
              >
              > > Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:40:44 -0800
              > > From: "Andy Couch" <andy@...>
              > > Subject: Re: Resize ie with command from address bar
              > >
              > > javascript:self.resizeTo(800,600); will do it.
              > >
              > > On 11/23/2004 at 12:21 AM Chris Sherman wrote:
              > >
              > > > A Few years ago somone place a command to resize the it
              > > ta a
              > > > specific pixel size by using a command in the Address
              > > bar. I can
              > > > not find this message. If anyone has the command
              > > please post it
              > > > again.
              > > >
              > > > P.S. I know that is off of the Editplus Subjet a little
              > > but it was
              > > > from this list orgiginaly.

            • Justin Watt
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 24, 2004
                feel free to remove the redirect and add it to this page:
                http://www.editplus.info/index.php?title=Integrated_Web_Browser&redirect=no

                --justin

                On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Aleem Juma wrote:

                > that sounds like a good one for the wiki
                > does the wiki have a 'wierd' section? :-]
                >
                > On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:34:19 +0000 (GMT), J <morrispeckham@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > If you try this with the embedded browser window in
                > > EditPlus, the effect is pretty weird. The containing
                > > EditPlus window doesn't resize but the browser element
                > > does, leaving a semi-detached scroll bar. If you use this
                > > method to make the browser window very big then part of the
                > > window disappears and there's no scroll bar to get to it.
                > >
                > > > Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:40:44 -0800
                > > > From: "Andy Couch" <andy@...>
                > > > Subject: Re: Resize ie with command from address bar
                > > >
                > > > javascript:self.resizeTo(800,600); will do it.

                > > > ta a
                > > > bar. I can
                > > > please post it

                > > > but it was

              • Michael Broderick
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 30, 2004
                  That's cool...thanks.

                  javascript:self.resizeTo(prompt("Height", 800),prompt("Width", 600));

                  --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Couch" <andy@c...> wrote:
                  > javascript:self.resizeTo(800,600); will do it.
                  >
                  > On 11/23/2004 at 12:21 AM Chris Sherman wrote:
                  >
                  > > A Few years ago somone place a command to resize the it ta a
                  > > specific pixel size by using a command in the Address bar. I can
                  > > not find this message. If anyone has the command please post it
                  > > again.
                  > >
                  > > P.S. I know that is off of the Editplus Subjet a little but it
                  was
                  > > from this list orgiginaly.
                • Dean Householder
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 1, 2004
                    I always did this with just:

                    javascript:window.resizeTo(800,600);

                    This has always worked for me.  You don't need the prompts.

                    Thanks,
                    Dean Householder

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/spZplB/TM

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/