EditPlus 'discoveries'

  • tailing_loop2003
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 17, 2004
      Hi,

      Every once in awhile, I go exploring in EditPlus. This is the latest
      thing I've 'discovered': open a file, and then click on
      Document>Monitor Clipboard.

      This is a strange one. If you go to a different file, including a
      file outside EditPlus, and copy or cut something, EditPlus will
      automatically paste the contents of the clipboard at the end of the
      original file.

      I have no idea why that would be of any use, but there you have it. :)

      One feature I recently 'discovered' that I did find useful is the
      following. With the Directory tab showing on the left side of the
      editor, right click the lower pane. That brings up a menu with one of
      the choices being: Recent Directories. I use that feature because I
      often want to change an auto complete file(.acp) for a particular page
      on the fly to help save typing some variable name over and over, or to
      add the first few letters of a function that I find myself using
      repeatedly. The Recent Directories list makes it easy to go back and
      forth between the directory/folder that holds all my html files, php
      files, or C++ files, which I use most frequently to easily access the
      files I'm working on, and the EditPlus directory/folder where the auto
      complete files are located. Instead of every time having to go up 3
      or 4 directories, move over one directory, and then burrow back down
      through my Program Files folder and into the EditPlus folder where the
      auto complete files are located, I can traverse the directories once,
      and after that the Recent Directories list allows me to switch back
      and forth between those directories with one click.

      The Recent Directories list allows you to avoid the hassle of having
      to dig around for the EditPlus folder, and that makes changing the
      auto complete files(.acp) a snap, which means you might find yourself
      changing the auto complete files more often and making your editing
      that much easier.

      What have you 'discovered'?
    • M. van Renswoude
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 18, 2004
        Nice, didn't know the "Recent Directories" thing yet :). I suggest
        adding these tips to the wiki at http://www.editplus.info/ where we all
        try to make a big EP knowledge base!

        tailing_loop2003 wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >Every once in awhile, I go exploring in EditPlus. This is the latest
        >thing I've 'discovered': *cut*

      • tailing_loop2003
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 18, 2004
          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "M. van Renswoude" <mark@x> wrote:
          > Nice, didn't know the "Recent Directories" thing yet :). I suggest
          > adding these tips to the wiki at http://www.editplus.info/ where we
          all
          > try to make a big EP knowledge base!

          Hi,

          I'm not very keen on the wiki idea: I don't think you can make a
          lasting contribution when anyone can delete a post on a whim. I
          suggest people migrate over to the EditPlus forum here:

          http://www.machak.com/editplus/

          Personally, I find yahoo! groups almost intolerable, although I
          appreciate the effort the group founders put forth to establish a
          common meeting place.

          > tailing_loop2003 wrote:
          >
          > >Hi,
          > >
          > >Every once in awhile, I go exploring in EditPlus. This is the
          latest
          > >thing I've 'discovered': *cut*

        • Justin Watt
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 18, 2004
            If you want to track updates to the wiki, check this out:
            http://www.editplus.info/index.php/Special:Recentchanges
            (you can even get the updates as an rss/atom feed!)

            I'm constantly amazed at people's contributions to the wiki. So far there
            has been no occurance of vandalism. Just so you know, there is no way to
            delete a page. An unscrupulous person could always delete all the text on
            a page, but MediaWiki stores all previous versions and edits, so the
            vandalism could be reverted and the user or the IP-address would be
            banned/blocked.

            That said, use what makes you most comfortable. I really find the idea of
            a collaborative knowledge base kind of exciting, whereas other people find
            them threatening. Witness recent point/counterpoint by

            Robert McHenry, Former Editor in Chief, the Encyclopdia Britannica
            http://www.techcentralstation.com/111504A.html

            and Tim Bray, inventor of XML
            http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/11/16/McHenry

            tailing_loop2003, as an experiment, I invite you to make a contribution
            to the wiki to either confirm or dissuade you from the idea that a wiki
            does not allow for lasting contributions.

            Justin

            > I'm not very keen on the wiki idea: I don't think you can make a
            > lasting contribution when anyone can delete a post on a whim. I
            > suggest people migrate over to the EditPlus forum here:
            >
            > http://www.machak.com/editplus/
            >
            > Personally, I find yahoo! groups almost intolerable, although I
            > appreciate the effort the group founders put forth to establish a
            > common meeting place.
          • Thomas Ditmars
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 18, 2004
              tailing_loop2003 wrote:

              > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "M. van Renswoude" <mark@x> wrote:
              >
              >> Nice, didn't know the "Recent Directories" thing yet :). I suggest
              >> adding these tips to the wiki at http://www.editplus.info/ where we
              >> all try to make a big EP knowledge base!
              >
              > Hi,
              >
              > I'm not very keen on the wiki idea: I don't think you can make a
              > lasting contribution when anyone can delete a post on a whim. I
              > suggest people migrate over to the EditPlus forum here:
              >
              > http://www.machak.com/editplus/
              >
              > Personally, I find yahoo! groups almost intolerable, although I
              > appreciate the effort the group founders put forth to establish a
              > common meeting place.

              If that's the only thing that comes to your mind when you think when you
              think "wiki", I'm afraid you've missed the point. :-(

              Also, a Wiki is not the same as a forum. Wikis are more for information
              repositories, while forums and mailing lists are more for discussion.
            • qsfe-kdhw@spamex.com
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 18, 2004
                You can never delete something from the Wiki -- all past versions are
                kept, so if somebody *does* delete something, you just undo their
                deletion. So far the Wiki has turned out great -- there is a huge
                amount of information in there already, and just think, it is all
                contributed by us!

                I agree that Yahoo Groups are intolerable, but I have subscribed with
                my GMail account that keeps everything nicely threaded, and all is
                good again (so I never have to visit the Yahoo website - ugh!).

                I have registered an EditPlus group under Google Groups 2 which has a
                fantastic interface and would be a far superior alternative to the
                Yahoo Groups if everybody switched. Just a thought.

                http://groups-beta.google.com/group/EditPlus/

                Cheers,

                --John

                On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:55:31 -0000, tailing_loop2003
                <tailing_loop2003@...> wrote:
                > * Replies will be sent through Spamex to editplus@yahoogroups.com
                > * For additional info click -> http://www.spamex.com/i/?v=4551437
                >
                > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "M. van Renswoude" <mark@x> wrote:
                > > Nice, didn't know the "Recent Directories" thing yet :). I suggest
                > > adding these tips to the wiki at http://www.editplus.info/ where we
                > all
                > > try to make a big EP knowledge base!
                > >

                > Hi,
                >
                > I'm not very keen on the wiki idea: I don't think you can make a
                > lasting contribution when anyone can delete a post on a whim. I
                > suggest people migrate over to the EditPlus forum here:
                >
                > http://www.machak.com/editplus/
                >
                > Personally, I find yahoo! groups almost intolerable, although I
                > appreciate the effort the group founders put forth to establish a
                > common meeting place.
                >

                > > tailing_loop2003 wrote:
                > >
                > > >Hi,
                > > >
                > > >Every once in awhile, I go exploring in EditPlus. This is the
                > latest
                > > >thing I've 'discovered': *cut*

              • tailing_loop2003
                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 19, 2004
                  --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Ditmars <zarggg@z...> wrote:
                  > tailing_loop2003 wrote:
                  >
                  > > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "M. van Renswoude" <mark@x>
                  wrote:

                  > >> Nice, didn't know the "Recent Directories" thing yet :). I
                  suggest
                  > >> adding these tips to the wiki at http://www.editplus.info/ where
                  we
                  > >> all try to make a big EP knowledge base!
                  > >
                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > I'm not very keen on the wiki idea: I don't think you can make a
                  > > lasting contribution when anyone can delete a post on a whim. I
                  > > suggest people migrate over to the EditPlus forum here:
                  > >
                  > > http://www.machak.com/editplus/
                  > >
                  > > Personally, I find yahoo! groups almost intolerable, although I
                  > > appreciate the effort the group founders put forth to establish a
                  > > common meeting place.
                  >
                  > If that's the only thing that comes to your mind when you think
                  when you
                  > think "wiki", I'm afraid you've missed the point. :-(

                  Actually, I think you missed the point--as in completely.

                  > Also, a Wiki is not the same as a forum. Wikis are more for
                  information
                  > repositories, while forums and mailing lists are more for
                  discussion.

                  Well, there's this confounding thing about information--not everyone
                  agrees on what's important or what's 'right'.
                • Justin Watt
                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 23, 2004
                    Just a heads up.

                    I reorganized the wiki so all the separate feature descriptions are now
                    combined on one page: http://www.editplus.info/index.php/Features

                    This page still needs some work especially under the "User Tools",
                    "Integrated FTP", "Integrated Web Browser", and "Managing Projects"
                    headings. I envision these descriptions being short and sweet, with more
                    elaborate discussions or examples relegated to a page named after the
                    feaure (for instance, http://www.editplus.info/index.php/HTML_Toolbar )

                    Linked from the Features page I created four "file format" pages for
                    syntax, auto-completion, cliptext, and templates. I also envision us using
                    the wiki as a place to store and organize these user-created files in more
                    organized manner than what's available from the editplus.com website.

                    There has been alot of discussion lately about customizing the HTML
                    toolbar. I've attempted to keep up with that discussion on the page below,
                    but if anything is missing, please feel free to elaborate or make
                    corrections.

                    http://www.editplus.info/index.php/HTML_Toolbar

                    Thanks,
                    Justin
                  • parveen lily
                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 23, 2004
                      hi everybody,

                      i could not still fix the problem that edit plus is
                      not showing my asp page in the browser.i tried the
                      options you gave me but did not work!!!

                      pls. let me know.

                      regards
                      parveen

                      http://my.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 26 , Nov 24, 2004
                        Some time around 11/17/2004 20:19:15, I think I heard tailing_loop2003 say:
                        > This is a strange one. If you go to a different file, including a
                        > file outside EditPlus, and copy or cut something, EditPlus will
                        > automatically paste the contents of the clipboard at the end of the
                        > original file.

                        > I have no idea why that would be of any use, but there you have it. :)

                        Hello:
                        I "discovered" that feature a loooong time ago and found it extremely useful. Here's how to use it:

                        Suppose you need to extract certain parts of content from an external application, say, a webpage. One way to do it is to copy the entire text into EditPlus and then edit it manually. But you could also create a new file in EditPlus, turn on the clipboard monitoring and then just select and copy into the clipboard what you need. The benefit becomes even more apparent if you need to extract from multiple resources, like for example, many different browser windows/tabs and/or Word documents. Everything you are putting into the clipboard will be appended to a single file, which you can later edit and save, saving you time.

                        At least that's how I've used it, although I cannot be sure if that was the original intention.

                        -dZ.

                        --
                        :[ DZ vs. THE WORLD]==- -- - -

                        Hating anything, everything and everyone since 1996.
                        --
                      • Aleem Juma
                        Message 11 of 26 , Nov 24, 2004
                          yes - this feature saves you having to keep switching to editplus to
                          paste the contents of the clipboard. one less thing to think about
                          when you're reading through a long text and trying to extract useful
                          portions!

                          On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 05:25:51 -0500, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

                          > Some time around 11/17/2004 20:19:15, I think I heard tailing_loop2003 say:
                          > > This is a strange one. If you go to a different file, including a
                          > > file outside EditPlus, and copy or cut something, EditPlus will
                          > > automatically paste the contents of the clipboard at the end of the
                          > > original file.
                          >
                          > > I have no idea why that would be of any use, but there you have it. :)
                          >

                          > Hello:
                          > I "discovered" that feature a loooong time ago and found it extremely useful. Here's how to use it:
                          >
                          > Suppose you need to extract certain parts of content from an external application, say, a webpage. One way to do it is to copy the entire text into EditPlus and then edit it manually. But you could also create a new file in EditPlus, turn on the clipboard monitoring and then just select and copy into the clipboard what you need. The benefit becomes even more apparent if you need to extract from multiple resources, like for example, many different browser windows/tabs and/or Word documents. Everything you are putting into the clipboard will be appended to a single file, which you can later edit and save, saving you time.
                          >
                          > At least that's how I've used it, although I cannot be sure if that was the original intention.
                          >
                          > -dZ.
                          >
                          > --
                          > :[ DZ vs. THE WORLD]==- -- - -
                          >
                          > Hating anything, everything and everyone since 1996.

                        • Rob
                          Message 12 of 26 , Nov 24, 2004
                            Followed the HTML Toolbar instructions and using Paint Shop Pro 7, it worked great.
                            Altered the 'U' to a D for 'div', as underline is depreciated.
                            Anyone got a nice image instead of a 'D' ?

                            Message 13 of 26 , Nov 24, 2004
                              You might lift the Div icon from Dreamweaver.
                              Or if there are any icons you want on mine, feel free to use them
                              http://legacy.sheltonbbs.com/~jmmorse/CustomBitmaps.bmp

                              Message 14 of 26 , Nov 24, 2004
                                Good idea about DW, and thanks for the image.
                                We could start an EditPlus bitmap image bank?
                                Rob.

                                Message 15 of 26 , Nov 24, 2004
                                  Here is info on including images in MediaWiki:
                                  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing#Images

                                  I would suggest adding them to the HTML Toolbar page.

                                  On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Rob wrote:

                                  > Good idea about DW, and thanks for the image.
                                  > We could start an EditPlus bitmap image bank?
                                  > Rob.

                                • aravind yadav
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Nov 25, 2004
                                    hey
                                    is thr any version of edit plus available which can do things a websphere can do?

                                    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Rob wrote:

                                    > Good idea about DW, and thanks for the image.
                                    > We could start an EditPlus bitmap image bank?
                                    > Rob.

                                    http://www.editplus.com

                                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                                    K.Aravind
                                    Software Engineer
                                    AUTO UNIT
                                    SATYAM COMPUTER SERVICES
                                    Chennai--CMR
                                    mobile: 9840713285

                                    " Try Hard To Get What You Like Or You Will Be Forced To Like What You Get"

                                  • Michael L. Jones
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Nov 26, 2004
                                      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, aravind yadav <racingskulls@y...> wrote:

                                      > hey
                                      > is thr any version of edit plus available which can do things a
                                      websphere can do?

                                      By WebSphere, I assume that you mean the development tools. If that
                                      assumption is correct, then I'd say no, and I would be very surprised
                                      if there ever was. EditPlus and the WebSphere development tools are at
                                      the opposite ends of the text editor versus IDE spectrum.

                                      If you program in Java and prefer an IDE, you should check out eclipse
                                      or NetBeans, both of which are free.
                                    • M. Junk
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Dec 7, 2004
                                        Good day,

                                        Since I use the latest editplus version (2.12 since a couple of months),
                                        I noticed quite often that editplus is crashing when doing a
                                        ftp-read/browse actions by the directory window. This problem becomes a
                                        quite big problem, while I am planning to do many ftp updates on file
                                        the coming months.

                                        Is this problem known by someone? - This drives me to madness (very nice
                                        when file asre not yet saved).

                                        Regards,

                                        Mike
                                      • Dean Householder
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Dec 7, 2004
                                          This was a big problem in the original release of 2.12.  I think it was significantly improved with a patch available at: ftp://ftp.editplus.com/epp212p0147_1014.zip which was released 10/14/2004.

                                          This will upgrade you to the 2.12 (147) and overcomes the following:

                                          FIXED BUGS
                                          ==========

                                          * New version crashed if the old version had the maximum 30 syntax settings.
                                          * Displays FTP server name.on the Recent Files also.
                                          * Overwrite prompt on the Save as Remote dialog box did not work in some cases.
                                          * 'Duplicate Char' command did not work with variable-width fonts.
                                          * 'Always apply wrap' option caused program crash when printing selection.
                                          * 'Leading Spaces to Tabs' command over a selection could crash program.
                                          * Shortcut key for Directory popup menu could not be set.
                                          * Align commands did not work in word wrap mode.
                                          * Holding Shift key with 'Replace All' button disables Undo feature.
                                          * Improved warning message for large files.
                                          * 'Stop' command on the output window did not work in some cases.
                                          * Detecting UTF-8 files did not work correctly in some cases.
                                          * FTP file date was not displayed correctly in same cases.
                                          * 'Matching Brace' option could cause program crash in some cases.
                                          * Perl syntax highlighting was not correct with $' and $" symbol.
                                          * Regular expression '\n' did not work correctly in some cases.
                                          * Regular expression [^] (not in range) did not work with case sensitive option.
                                          * Firewall option did not work.
                                          * Backup file extension option (Preferences->Files)
                                          * 'Properties' command on the Directory Window popup menu.
                                          * Line Comment command sometimes did not work correctly in word wrap mode.
                                          * Match Brace did not work with embedded script inside quotes.
                                          * Toggling browser and editor with remote files did not work correctly.
                                          * 'View in Browser' command on the Directory Window popup menu.
                                          * 'Sort' option on the Function List dialog box
                                          * -pr project_name command line option for selecting project
                                          * Keystroke recording did not support Find in Files command.
                                          * Toolbar button for Reload command.
                                          * 'Create/Rename/Delete Directory' command on the Directory Window.
                                          * $(Copy) argument macro to copy selection before running user tool.
                                          * Matching brace feature did not work correctly at the end of wrapped line.
                                          * Syntax highlighting in some cases failed at the column 4097.
                                          * FTP file list was not correct on some AIX FTP servers.
                                          * Matching Brace feature did not work correctly in some cases.

                                          Good luck,
                                          Dean Householder

                                          M. Junk wrote:
                                          Good day,

                                          Since I use the latest editplus version (2.12 since a couple of months),
                                          I noticed quite often that editplus is crashing when doing a
                                          ftp-read/browse actions by the directory window. This problem becomes a
                                          quite big problem, while I am planning to do many ftp updates  on file
                                          the coming months.

                                          Is this problem known by someone? - This drives me to madness (very nice
                                          when file asre not yet saved).

                                          Regards,

                                          Mike

                                          http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/spZplB/TM

                                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                        • M. Junk
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Dec 8, 2004
                                            Dean,

                                            When i do a Help >> About I see. v2.12 (147). So I think I have the
                                            correct version. This version has been installed 14-10-04.

                                            Before this version I had nearly no problems with editplus. After using
                                            the latest version, the problems were starting.

                                            Regards,

                                            Mike Wes

                                          • paulkcourtney
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Dec 10, 2004
                                              I just tried this upgrade to help out with a problem opening largish
                                              files (~70MB) which I used to be able to open. I get a strange
                                              message box:

                                              File Operation Failed
                                              {File Path and Name}
                                              Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

                                              Then, there is a box telling me that:

                                              The text contains invalid CR/LF or null character. Do you want to
                                              convert it to PC text format?

                                              If I say Yes, then I get a blank file. If I say No, I get a file with
                                              the rectangles all in a row. In either case, I am unable to open the
                                              file. Is this just a corrupted file or has anyone else had this problem?

                                              Running Win2000 SP4 and EditPlus 2.1.2.147

                                              Paul

                                            • Dean Householder
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Dec 21, 2004
                                                I've had several important javascript snippets stored on my hard drive (WinXP), and all of a sudden they got corrupted.  I don't know if it was a virus or what.  These were ASCII files along with several images.  They all turned into binary files full of the little "rectangles" when opened in EditPlus.  I got the same message "Do you want to convert it to PC text format?" like you were describing.  I tried opening then in other programs but they had been corrupted.  I'm guessing your files are too.

                                                Dean

                                                M. Junk wrote:

                                                Good day,

                                                Since I use the latest editplus version (2.12 since a couple of

                                                months),

                                                I noticed quite often that editplus is crashing when doing a
                                                ftp-read/browse actions by the directory window. This problem becomes a
                                                quite big problem, while I am planning to do many ftp updates  on file
                                                the coming months.

                                                Is this problem known by someone? - This drives me to madness (very

                                                nice

                                                when file asre not yet saved).

                                                Regards,

                                                Mike

                                                http://www.editplus.com
                                                Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/spZplB/TM

                                                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                              • nico_verwer
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Feb 17, 2005
                                                  --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "M. Junk" <Mjunk@u...> wrote:
                                                  > When i do a Help >> About I see. v2.12 (147). So I think I have
                                                  the
                                                  > correct version. This version has been installed 14-10-04.
                                                  >
                                                  > Before this version I had nearly no problems with editplus. After
                                                  using
                                                  > the latest version, the problems were starting.

                                                  > > This was a big problem in the original release of 2.12. I think
                                                  it
                                                  > > was significantly improved with a patch available at:
                                                  > > ftp://ftp.editplus.com/epp212p0147_1014.zip which was released
                                                  10/14/2004.

                                                  I have the same problem in 2.12 (147). Since I do a lot of editing via
                                                  ftp, I am now looking for another editor with a good ftp facility.
                                                  However, after having used editplus for years, it is hard to find an
                                                  editor which is at least as good, and which has a decent ftp facility.

                                                  Is there any chance that this bug gets fixed? I suppose it is hard to
                                                  find. When I track the network traffic, nothing strange seems to
                                                  happen when editplus crashes, except that the ftp server could be
                                                  slow.

                                                  Microsoft (Windows XP) reports the following when this crash happens:

                                                  <DATABASE>
                                                  <EXE NAME="editplus.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
                                                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="949.dll" SIZE="172032" CHECKSUM="0xA2B09C38"
                                                  BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.1.2.147" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.1.2.147"
                                                  PRODUCT_VERSION="2, 1, 2, 147" FILE_DESCRIPTION="EditPlus"
                                                  COMPANY_NAME="ES-Computing" PRODUCT_NAME="EditPlus" FILE_VERSION="2,
                                                  1, 2, 147" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="EDITPLUS.EXE" INTERNAL_NAME="EditPlus"
                                                  LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © 1998-2004 ES-Computing"
                                                  VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4"
                                                  VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x2AE22"
                                                  LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.1.2.147"
                                                  UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.1.2.147" LINK_DATE="10/14/2004 14:23:06"
                                                  UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/14/2004 14:23:06" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United
                                                  States) [0x409]" />
                                                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="editplus.exe" SIZE="1338368"
                                                  CHECKSUM="0xDE247B0B" BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.1.2.147"
                                                  BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.1.2.147" PRODUCT_VERSION="2, 1, 2, 147"
                                                  FILE_DESCRIPTION="EditPlus" COMPANY_NAME="ES-Computing"
                                                  PRODUCT_NAME="EditPlus" FILE_VERSION="2, 1, 2, 147"
                                                  ORIGINAL_FILENAME="EDITPLUS.EXE" INTERNAL_NAME="EditPlus"
                                                  LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © 1998-2004 ES-Computing"
                                                  VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4"
                                                  VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0"
                                                  LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.1.2.147"
                                                  UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.1.2.147" LINK_DATE="10/14/2004 14:23:07"
                                                  UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/14/2004 14:23:07" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United
                                                  States) [0x409]" />
                                                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="eppie.exe" SIZE="27648" CHECKSUM="0x8E5D2323"
                                                  MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0"
                                                  LINK_DATE="04/24/2004 15:29:02" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/24/2004 15:29:02"
                                                  />
                                                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="eppshell.dll" SIZE="32256"
                                                  CHECKSUM="0xE23D7098" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0"
                                                  LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="04/24/2004 15:29:04"
                                                  UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/24/2004 15:29:04" />
                                                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="launcher.exe" SIZE="28160"
                                                  CHECKSUM="0xB33C60FC" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0"
                                                  LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="04/24/2004 15:29:07"
                                                  UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/24/2004 15:29:07" />
                                                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="remove.exe" SIZE="45568"
                                                  CHECKSUM="0x80163203" BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.1.2.1"
                                                  BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.1.2.1" PRODUCT_VERSION="2, 1, 2, 1"
                                                  FILE_DESCRIPTION="Uninstall EditPlus" COMPANY_NAME="ES-Computing"
                                                  PRODUCT_NAME="Uninstall EditPlus" FILE_VERSION="2, 1, 2, 1"
                                                  ORIGINAL_FILENAME="REMOVE.EXE" INTERNAL_NAME="Uninstall EditPlus"
                                                  LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © 1998-2004 ES-Computing"
                                                  VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004"
                                                  VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0"
                                                  LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.1.2.1"
                                                  UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.1.2.1" LINK_DATE="04/24/2004 15:29:07"
                                                  UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/24/2004 15:29:07" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United
                                                  States) [0x409]" />
                                                  </EXE>
                                                  <EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
                                                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="983552"
                                                  CHECKSUM="0x4CE79457" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180"
                                                  BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180"
                                                  FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL"
                                                  COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft®
                                                  Windows®
                                                  Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180
                                                  (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32"
                                                  INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation.
                                                  All
                                                  rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0"
                                                  VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32"
                                                  PE_CHECKSUM="0xFF848" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001"
                                                  UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180"
                                                  UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" LINK_DATE="08/04/2004
                                                  07:56:36" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:56:36" VER_LANGUAGE="English
                                                  (United States) [0x409]" />
                                                  </EXE>
                                                  </DATABASE>
                                                • Justin Watt
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Feb 17, 2005
                                                    Nico,

                                                    There is a new patch (183) located here:
                                                    ftp://ftp.editplus.com/epp212p0183_0108.zip

                                                    Also, see the WinSCP page in the wiki for information on using SFTP for
                                                    your file transfers insteads of EditPlus's native/buggy FTP support:
                                                    http://www.editplus.info/WinSCP

                                                    --justin

                                                    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, nico_verwer wrote:

> [...]
                                                    > <MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="983552"
                                                    > CHECKSUM="0x4CE79457" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180"
                                                    > BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180"
                                                    > FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL"
                                                    > COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft®
                                                    > Windows®
                                                    > Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180
                                                    > (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32"
                                                    > INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation.
                                                    > All
                                                    > rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0"
                                                    > VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32"
                                                    > PE_CHECKSUM="0xFF848" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001"
                                                    > UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180"
                                                    > UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" LINK_DATE="08/04/2004
                                                    > 07:56:36" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:56:36" VER_LANGUAGE="English

                                                  • Dean Householder
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Feb 18, 2005
                                                      Mike,

                                                      The latest version is now available online on www.editplus.com.  Click on
                                                      the support link, then click "Latest Bug Patch File", scroll down to the bottom and click the link to download the updates to 2.12 (183).  Try upgrading and see if that solves your problem.  If that doesn't work, I would email support@... and explain your problem.

                                                      Good luck
                                                      Dean Householder

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Feb 22, 2005
                                                        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Justin Watt <jwatt@e...> wrote:

                                                        > Nico,
                                                        >
                                                        > There is a new patch (183) located here:
                                                        > ftp://ftp.editplus.com/epp212p0183_0108.zip
                                                        >
                                                        > Also, see the WinSCP page in the wiki for information on using SFTP for
                                                        > your file transfers insteads of EditPlus's native/buggy FTP support:
                                                        > http://www.editplus.info/WinSCP

                                                        Thanks a lot, Justin. I have tried some other editors in the meantime,
                                                        but none of them comes close to the ease of use of editplus!

                                                        Regards,
                                                        Nico