Re: [edit+] Text files: autocomplete and html toolbar

  • Johan Hartin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 17, 2004
      > File>New>Normal Text, the html toolbar does not
      > appear, and the
      > autocomplete does not work.
      >
      > Any ideas why not?

      Does it work when you open a .txt file? Does it work
      if you choose Document>Change File Type... from the
      menu? If so you've done everything correctly. You have
      to save the file as .txt before the settings kicks in.

      You can also apply your settings to 'default' file
      type which would probably work (I havn't tried).

      /Johan
    • tailing_loop2003
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 17, 2004
        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Johan Hartin <johanhartin@y...>
        wrote:
        > > File>New>Normal Text, the html toolbar does not
        > > appear, and the
        > > autocomplete does not work.
        > >
        > > Any ideas why not?
        >
        > Does it work when you open a .txt file?

        I thought that was what I was doing.

        > Does it work
        > if you choose Document>Change File Type... from the
        > menu?

        Yes, it does. Why is that?

        > If so you've done everything correctly. You have
        > to save the file as .txt before the settings kicks in.

        Yes, that works too.

        > You can also apply your settings to 'default' file
        > type which would probably work (I havn't tried).

        Ah, ha! That is what I wanted. It isn't very intuitive that the
        "Default" File Type in the Preferences is the same as File>New>Normal
        Text ???

        >Johan

        Thanks, Johan.
      • Johan Hartin
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 18, 2004
          --- tailing_loop2003 <tailing_loop2003@...>
          wrote:
          > Ah, ha! That is what I wanted. It isn't very
          > intuitive that the
          > "Default" File Type in the Preferences is the same
          > as File>New>Normal
          > Text ???

          The extension html/cpp/txt/ini/whatever is actually
          just a name. A textfile contains only plain text
          unlike a xls-file which is binary.

          File>New>Normal starts a generic text file, but EPP
          has no way of knowing what extension you intend until
          you actually save the file. Therefore EPP uses the
          default settings until the file is saved.

          Cheers
          /Johan