Feature request

  • V.C.Sekhar
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi there,
      I would like to request the following features to be considered for
      evaluation for bringin'em up in coming versions of Edit Plus.

      1) Plug-in/Add-in capability: Allow for third-party plug-in's/add-
      in's to be integrated smoothly.

      2) File-marks(a file's book marks):
      I key-in a regular expression to find matches. Then I save them to
      my file-mark.ini sort of file.
      Subsequently, whenever I load that same file, it loads that file
      with/with out the file-marks as chosen wile saving that file's file-
      marks to file-mark.ini file.By-default , it can be set to yes/no
      depending on user's preferences.
      Next versions can highlight those file-marks with user-define
      colors, saving the color codes at the .ini file.
      Further versions can start looking at naming and saving file-
      marks set(s) so that any new file when loaded , then user can chose
      to load which named-file-marks-set so that all the matches confirming
      to those file-marks get highlighted.
      Moving over further on this front, the file-marks can be
      saved to the file-mark.ini separately initially and later versions
      can start integrating the file-marks as well in project.ini to clear
      some more space for proj-files' management.

      My Apologies in case I asked for a boon. :D

      Thanks,

      Sekhar
    • Justin Watt
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2004
        Sekhar,

        Check out:

        http://www.editplus.info/index.php/Feature_Requests

        And feel free to add your ideas there.

        Justin

        On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, V.C.Sekhar wrote:

        > Hi there,
        > I would like to request the following features to be considered for
        > evaluation for bringin'em up in coming versions of Edit Plus.
        >
        > 1) Plug-in/Add-in capability: Allow for third-party plug-in's/add-
        > in's to be integrated smoothly.
        >
        > 2) File-marks(a file's book marks):
        > I key-in a regular expression to find matches. Then I save them to
        > my file-mark.ini sort of file.
        > Subsequently, whenever I load that same file, it loads that file
        > with/with out the file-marks as chosen wile saving that file's file-
        > marks to file-mark.ini file.By-default , it can be set to yes/no
        > depending on user's preferences.
        > Next versions can highlight those file-marks with user-define
        > colors, saving the color codes at the .ini file.
        > Further versions can start looking at naming and saving file-
        > marks set(s) so that any new file when loaded , then user can chose
        > to load which named-file-marks-set so that all the matches confirming
        > to those file-marks get highlighted.
        > Moving over further on this front, the file-marks can be
        > saved to the file-mark.ini separately initially and later versions
        > can start integrating the file-marks as well in project.ini to clear
        > some more space for proj-files' management.
        >
        > My Apologies in case I asked for a boon. :D
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Sekhar

      • نور سليمان
        Message 3 of 4 , May 21, 2010
          I have been using editplus for a long while...recently, I bought it. I would like to request that the group add a stop search in files feature. Sometimes I don't want to continue searching in files but I have to wait for it to finish
          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2010
            On May 21, 2010, at 13:08, نور سليمان wrote:

            > I have been using editplus for a long while...recently, I bought it. I would like to request that the group add a stop search in files feature. Sometimes I don't want to continue searching in files but I have to wait for it to finish

            As far as I know, the ESC key does this job. I may have it mapped to a particular command--it's been a while since I last configured my installation. Let me know if it works for you.