Firefox trouble...

  • Waccoon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2004
      > Do you complain when the Flyer comes in your real mailbox?

      Yeah, but not as much because at least I know it costs them something to
      send it to me. Too bad the costs are just passed on to their *actual*
      customers.

      > it takes a good minute and a half for FireFox to load up.

      Profiles get trashed easily. Firefox has *major* trouble updating
      itself and eventually there will be tons of legacy junk in your profile.
      Just updating 0.8 to 9.3 completely screwed up everything, and since
      uninstalling those browsers doesn't flush out your profile or stuff in the
      "Program Files/Common Files" folder, I had to search all over my hard drive
      to find the stupid profiles folder so I could remove it. Your profile
      should be in "Documents and Settings/{Home}/Application
      Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles". You may have to delete it after backing up
      (and remembering all the locations of) all the bookmarks.html files. I
      really wish browsers and mail clients allowed you to export pieces of your
      profile.

      Cold start on my machine is about 6-7 seconds, and after that it pops up
      almost instantly. Bootup times longer than 10-15 seconds usually mean you
      must re-install. Firefox is good, but it's still not the glowing
      wondergadget people make it out to be.

      I never use bookmarks, BTW. I have a PHP script on my system that
      builds a bookmarks homepage for all five browsers I have installed on my
      system. It's the only way to keep things consistent.

      -- Waccoon