Re: registration for edu [edit+]

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
      Its no excuse! Whoever wants to "pirate" EditPlus can, as you might well be
      aware, it does not expire -- ever. It does not contain any pervasive copy
      protection schemes or nothing. It is distributed as shareware. Obviously
      the developer is not making him/herself rich from making EditPlus, yet a
      lot of people will agree it is the best editor of its kind in the
      planet. I cannot speak for the developer, but if he/her does not offer
      discount prices for educational purposes, he/she must have his/her reasons.

      dZ.

      At around 01/04/2002 12:29 AM, You said something like:
      >To: Paul Randall <editplus@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: registration for edu [edit+]
      >
      >On Thursday, 3rd January 2002 at 15:18:15 (GMT -0500),
      >which was 21:18 in Bratislava, Slovakia, Paul Randall wrote:
      >
      >PR> I think something under $1000 for an educational site license is
      >PR> perfectly reasonable. But they would only quote 'per copy'
      >PR> prices.
      >
      >And then people are surprised why cracking is such a popular passtime
      >in Eastern Europe and Russia (and that includes highschool kids).
      >
      >--
    • Tomasz Rakowski
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
        Hello,
        I tried to ask the editplus.com's sales this question, but never got an
        answer. Can you please tell me if any of you tried to get an educational
        discount when registering Edit+ for university's purposes? How much
        would it be?
        Thanks,
        Tom
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
          I don't think there's any..... but you must admit that $30 is very cheap
          for the product itself..... :)

          dZ.

          At around 01/03/2002 03:16 PM, You said something like:
          >Hello,
          >I tried to ask the editplus.com's sales this question, but never got an
          >answer. Can you please tell me if any of you tried to get an educational
          >discount when registering Edit+ for university's purposes? How much
          >would it be?
          >Thanks,
          > Tom
          >

          >+ + + + + + + + + + + +
          >http://www.editplus.com/
          >EditPlus text editor, HTML editor, programmers editor for Windows
          >+ + + + + + + + + + + +
          >
          >Post message: editplus@yahoogroups.com
          >Subscribe: editplus-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        • Avenarius
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
            On Thursday, 3rd January 2002 at 15:27:28 (GMT -0400),
            which was 20:27 in Bratislava, Slovakia, DZ-Jay wrote:

            >> I tried to ask the editplus.com's sales this question, but never
            >> got an answer. Can you please tell me if any of you tried to get an
            >> educational discount when registering Edit+ for university's
            >> purposes? How much would it be?

            DJ> I don't think there's any..... but you must admit that $30 is very
            DJ> cheap for the product itself..... :)

            It ain't for us in Eastern Europe. The average person earns no more
            than $250 a month here. I'd love to introduce EditPlus in my school,
            can't imagine a better tool for students to learn HTML (apart from
            DreamWeaver). Slovak schools definitely cannot afford $30 per copy, so
            currently we're reduced to Mozilla Composer, FirstPage and something
            called Proton. None of these is quite the same joy as E+. People have
            been recommending NoteTab Light to us, but either I'm too dumb to see
            where colour-coding can be switched on in NTL or NTL simply doesn't
            support colour-coding.

            À propos colour-coding: EditPlus does it wonderfully but is there a
            way to arrange that, for instance, the entire ’ is highlighted in
            green colour? E+ does not colour-highlight the semicolon in such
            decimal character references, which can often prove frustrating.

            --
            Yours,
            Alex.

            [processed by "The Bat!", Version 1.54 Beta/21]
          • Paul Randall
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
              I tried two years ago when I was still teaching high school to get a better
              rate so we could use editplus in all our computer science labs. I can't
              remember what they quoted but the price for 30 seats (1 lab) was still
              around the limit that I could convince my department head to spend. So we
              chose NOT to use it.

              I think something under $1000 for an educational site license is perfectly
              reasonable. But they would only quote 'per copy' prices. We weren't making
              money with the software like I am now as a software developer. It would be
              a great tool for educational settings otherwise. And it gets young people
              using a great productivity tool that keeps you close to the code.

              --Paul x.787

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002