the number 8

  • beach_boy_nc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2004
      The number 8 key on my keyboard both on the top row and the keypad
      to the right does not work in editplus. It works in every other
      program but there. notice how it works here 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 but
      not in edit plus. any idea what I could have done to make this
      happen?

      Thanks

      Randy
    • Justin Watt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 26, 2004
        Under Tool > Preferences

        Select keyboard (under tools) on the left, and see if you've accidentally
        bound the "8" key to perform a specific task as a shortcut. Presumably if
        this was the case, you'd notice some weird behavior when 8 is pressed in
        editplus, but perhaps it got accidentally bound to a command that doesn't
        do anything obvious. If you don't have anything intentionally configured
        here, you can press the "Reset All" button on the right to revert to the
        installation defaults.

        Justin

        ps. What happens when you press Shift+8? Do you get an asterisk?

        On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, beach_boy_nc wrote:

        > The number 8 key on my keyboard both on the top row and the keypad
        > to the right does not work in editplus. It works in every other
        > program but there. notice how it works here 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 but
        > not in edit plus. any idea what I could have done to make this
        > happen?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Randy

      • beach_boy_nc
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27, 2004
          I could not find what it was bound to, but the reset all fixed it.

          Thanks!

          Randy

          PS. Yes an asterisk came up on shift -F8

          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Justin Watt <jwatt@e...> wrote:

          > Under Tool > Preferences
          >
          > Select keyboard (under tools) on the left, and see if you've
          accidentally
          > bound the "8" key to perform a specific task as a shortcut.
          Presumably if
          > this was the case, you'd notice some weird behavior when 8 is
          pressed in
          > editplus, but perhaps it got accidentally bound to a command that
          doesn't
          > do anything obvious. If you don't have anything intentionally
          configured
          > here, you can press the "Reset All" button on the right to revert
          to the
          > installation defaults.
          >
          > Justin
          >
          > ps. What happens when you press Shift+8? Do you get an asterisk?
          >

          > On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, beach_boy_nc wrote:
          >
          > > The number 8 key on my keyboard both on the top row and the
          keypad
          > > to the right does not work in editplus. It works in every other
          > > program but there. notice how it works here 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
          but
          > > not in edit plus. any idea what I could have done to make this
          > > happen?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Randy
          > >

          > > http://www.editplus.com
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Joe_1973
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
            > I could not find what it was bound to, but the reset all fixed
            > it.

            I had very same issue some time ago:
            http://www.machak.com/editplus/viewtopic.php?t=28