Re: [edit+] Help, in creating Function Patterns

  • Christoph P├Ąper
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2004
      kiho841203:

      > func :: Integer -> Integer -> Integer

      I remember a language that looked very similar, but can't remember its name.

      > Fn Pattern: ^[a-z]\ *\:\:\ [^;]*

      ^[A-z0-9]+ *:: [^;]*

      perhaps. There's a short but helpful introduction to regular expressions in
      Editplus' help.
    • kiho841203
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2004
        Thanks for the reply, but I am still struggling to figure it out
        I have checked the help page and tried many times but have failed.

        I need something like this

        AnyCharacters1 :: AnyCharacters2

        where
        AnyCharacters1 = a-z A-Z
        AnyCharactesr2 = a-Z A-Z -> *SPACE*
        note: *SPACE* means space

        that would allow me to define a function in Haskell ie.,

        sumOfIntegers :: Integer -> Integer -> Integer
        sumOfIntegers x y = x + y

        in:
        sumOfIntegers :: Integer -> Integer -> Integer
        AnyCharacters1 :: AnyCharacters2

        > ^[A-z0-9]+ *:: [^;]*
        I Tried modifying this to a few times, but it still didn't work out.

        Thanks for your help in advance :)
      • Ryan Aviles
        Message 3 of 3 , May 16, 2004
          Christopher's function pattern: ^[A-z0-9]+ *:: [^;]*
          seemed to work fine for me.
          you are hitting ctrl+F11 to see the function window right?
          perhaps you should not just rely on the editplus help for this.
          what you are looking for is help on "Regular Expression". there are
          helps all over the web for this, just google it =)

          ryan