3 Spaces instead of Tab?

  • v1beuyau
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5 5:31 PM
      I mainly use edit plus for java, and the standard for indenting is 3
      spaces, can I change edit plus to use this instead of tabs?

      Ty for any help
    • psychomark_83
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6 2:24 AM
        Tools -> Preferences -> Settings & Syntax -> Java -> Tab / Indent
        button -> set Tab and Indent to 3 and check "Insert spaces instead of
        tabs" :)

        - Mark

        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "v1beuyau" <v1beuyau@y...> wrote:
        > I mainly use edit plus for java, and the standard for indenting is 3
        > spaces, can I change edit plus to use this instead of tabs?
        >
        > Ty for any help
      • kiho841203
        Message 3 of 3 , May 16 8:55 AM
          Yes, there is an option for this.

          If you are using Java's syntax highlighting and customised settings
          Try:

          [Tools] -> [Preferences] -> [+Files] -> [Settings & Syntax]
          And in the right hand side menu, click on [Tab/Indent] and adjust
          spaces accordingly, (by default its 4). And Check "Use spaces
          instead of Tab".

          If you aren't using customised settings and syntax highlighting then
          Try:

          [Document] -> [Tab/Indent...] and adjust spaces accordingly, (by
          default its 4). And Check "Use spaces instead of Tab".

          Hope this helps.