Syntax Highlighting for unknown filetypes

  • tfeistle65
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hi,

      is there any way to switch syntax highlighting on for files that do
      not have a known file extension? I work with lots of files that
      include html or php code but have for example an .inc extension and
      Editplus therefore does not highlight the code at all.

      I'm testing other editors at the moment (mainly just out of
      curiosity) and the Phase5 editor has the feature that you can select
      the highlight scheme you want to use from a dropdown menu and this
      works with the current open document, regardless of the file type.

      Thanks
      Thomas
    • psychomark_83
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
        Either use Document -> Change File Type... or add the extension to
        Tools -> Preferences -> Settings & Syntax -> [document type] -> File
        extensions (seperated by a semicolon) to always use the syntax
        highlighting for those file types :)

        - Mark

        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "tfeistle65" <thomas@f...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > is there any way to switch syntax highlighting on for files that do
        > not have a known file extension? I work with lots of files that
        > include html or php code but have for example an .inc extension and
        > Editplus therefore does not highlight the code at all.
        >
        > I'm testing other editors at the moment (mainly just out of
        > curiosity) and the Phase5 editor has the feature that you can select
        > the highlight scheme you want to use from a dropdown menu and this
        > works with the current open document, regardless of the file type.
        >

        > Thanks
        > Thomas
      • tfeistle65
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
          Thumbs up! Didn't noticed this before. Together with a user-defined
          key for changing the synta it works like a charme.

          Thanks
          Thomas