Re: lower case html (renamed post - and a question)

  • Tom Dempsey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2004
      Question and answer...

      You can make the html lower case by going to
      Tools>Preferences>General and selecting "HTML tags in lower case".

      I am trying to change the behavior of the B button to replace the
      text with <strong> instead of <b>. I am not seeing where to do this.

      Any help?

      Tom Dempsey

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, John Morse <pagemaker@s...> wrote:
      > Hello Linx,
      >
      > Thursday, August 28, 2003, 1:09:53 PM, you wrote:
      >

      > LW> [1] How can I get the Spell Checker to
      > LW> notice the word <HTML>
      > LW> and then suggest, or change it to <html>
      > LW> also..
      > LW> changing <B> to <strong> with the Spell Checker
      > LW> could be usefull...
      >
      > LW> Is that possible?
      >
      > LW> [2] how can I change any <HTML> tags to lowercase tags.
      >
      > LW> [3] It would be very usefull if I could develop my OWN
      > LW> dictionary files. (like for Sindaian or Quenya [Tolkien])
      >
      > LW> Is that possible?
      >
      > You can change your HTML to lowercase by editing/modifying these
      > files, in your EditPlus directory:
      > html.acp (this is your html autocomplete file)
      > html.stx (this is a html syntax file)
      > html.ctl (this is the html file from your cliptext area)
      > htmlbar.acp (this controls the html toolbar)
      >
      > --
      > Best regards,
      > John
      > pagemaker -at- semo -dot- net
    • lestat_24
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 25, 2004
        To do this, open the file htmlbar.acp (located in the editplus folder)
        et change the <b> </b> to whatever you want.

        Christophe

        You can make the html lower case by going to
        Tools>Preferences>General and selecting "HTML tags in lower case".

        I am trying to change the behavior of the B button to replace the
        text with <strong> instead of <b>. I am not seeing where to do this.

        Any help?

        Tom Dempsey

        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, John Morse <pagemaker@s...> wrote:
        > Hello Linx,
        >
        > Thursday, August 28, 2003, 1:09:53 PM, you wrote:
        >

        > LW> [1] How can I get the Spell Checker to
        > LW> notice the word <HTML>
        > LW> and then suggest, or change it to <html>
        > LW> also..
        > LW> changing <B> to <strong> with the Spell Checker
        > LW> could be usefull...
        >
        > LW> Is that possible?
        >
        > LW> [2] how can I change any <HTML> tags to lowercase tags.
        >
        > LW> [3] It would be very usefull if I could develop my OWN
        > LW> dictionary files. (like for Sindaian or Quenya [Tolkien])
        >
        > LW> Is that possible?
        >
        > You can change your HTML to lowercase by editing/modifying these
        > files, in your EditPlus directory:
        > html.acp (this is your html autocomplete file)
        > html.stx (this is a html syntax file)
        > html.ctl (this is the html file from your cliptext area)
        > htmlbar.acp (this controls the html toolbar)
        >
        > --
        > Best regards,
        > John
        > pagemaker -at- semo -dot- net

        http://www.editplus.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Tom Dempsey
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2004
          I had tried this before - but didn't restart Editplus.

          After restarting Editplus, It works.

          Thanks!

          To do this, open the file htmlbar.acp (located in the editplus folder)
          et change the <b> </b> to whatever you want.

          Christophe

          You can make the html lower case by going to
          Tools>Preferences>General and selecting "HTML tags in lower case".

          I am trying to change the behavior of the B button to replace the
          text with <strong> instead of <b>. I am not seeing where to do this.

          Any help?

          Tom Dempsey

          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, John Morse <pagemaker@s...> wrote:
          > Hello Linx,
          >
          > Thursday, August 28, 2003, 1:09:53 PM, you wrote:
          >

          > LW> [1] How can I get the Spell Checker to
          > LW> notice the word <HTML>
          > LW> and then suggest, or change it to <html>
          > LW> also..
          > LW> changing <B> to <strong> with the Spell Checker
          > LW> could be usefull...
          >
          > LW> Is that possible?
          >
          > LW> [2] how can I change any <HTML> tags to lowercase tags.
          >
          > LW> [3] It would be very usefull if I could develop my OWN
          > LW> dictionary files. (like for Sindaian or Quenya [Tolkien])
          >
          > LW> Is that possible?
          >
          > You can change your HTML to lowercase by editing/modifying these
          > files, in your EditPlus directory:
          > html.acp (this is your html autocomplete file)
          > html.stx (this is a html syntax file)
          > html.ctl (this is the html file from your cliptext area)
          > htmlbar.acp (this controls the html toolbar)
          >
          > --
          > Best regards,
          > John
          > pagemaker -at- semo -dot- net