FTP Transfer failed

  • amesjedb04
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2004
      Whenever I attempt to Save a file to its' ftp location, I get the
      following error...

      The file transfer failed
      Requested action not taken.
      550 test3.css: overwrite permission denied

      If I do a File/FTP/Save As Remote, that works fine but of course the
      filename is different.

      I've noticed my Address is sftp://mysite.com, Server type is SFTP/SSH
      and port is 22 when using WS_FTP Pro.

      Does EditPlus connect to and allow editing of files on a sftp server
      and if not, what's my alternative?

      I'm using v2.11.

      thanks,
    • Bryan Ross
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2004
        That's a permission setting on the FTP server. It really has nothing to do
        with EditPlus. EditPlus is just reporting back to you the error code it
        received from the FTP server.

        Bryan Ross
        me@...