Re: Del lines in Reg or Batch mode

  • Tom Hatta
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2003
      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "kurdistan_1" <kurdistan_1@y...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      > I woild like use automated tool and delete lines of text with a
      > specific word in it, how?
      >
      > Thanks in advance,

      Use this for the search term in Replace All, with regular expressions
      checked.

      [^\n]*foo[^\n]*\n

      That should match any line with the word foo in it, except for the
      last line. [^\n]* means match 0 or more characters that are not line
      breaks.
    • kurdistan_1
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 23, 2003
        Thanks it works.
        Just people should be careful about txt and HTML mode and hidden \n
        or \r chars.I had to first convert text from .txt to .html to see
        thoes extra chars and then add one more \n to the end of your
        regular expresion phrase.

        Thanks again ans wish to see Unicode support in future.
        Happy new year,
        -Reza