Del lines in Reg or Batch mode

  • kurdistan_1
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2003
      Hello,
      I woild like use automated tool and delete lines of text with a
      specific word in it, how?

      Thanks in advance,
    • Tom Hatta
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 2003
        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "kurdistan_1" <kurdistan_1@y...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        > I woild like use automated tool and delete lines of text with a
        > specific word in it, how?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,

        Use this for the search term in Replace All, with regular expressions
        checked.

        [^\n]*foo[^\n]*\n

        That should match any line with the word foo in it, except for the
        last line. [^\n]* means match 0 or more characters that are not line
        breaks.
      • kurdistan_1
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 23, 2003
          Thanks it works.
          Just people should be careful about txt and HTML mode and hidden \n
          or \r chars.I had to first convert text from .txt to .html to see
          thoes extra chars and then add one more \n to the end of your
          regular expresion phrase.

          Thanks again ans wish to see Unicode support in future.
          Happy new year,
          -Reza