Strange keyboard problem

  • siburny
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
      Today I realized that I can't input symbol "8" anymore. When I press
      key "8" above keys "U" and "I" nothing happens. When I press "8" on
      numpad also nothing happens. When I try using "ALT" plus typig the
      key code of "8" on numpad, also nothing happens. Other combinations
      work fine. I also noticed, that combinations of "ALT", "CTRL",
      and "SHIFT" with "8" work FINE. I'm totally lost :(. I also checked
      keyboard mapping. I don't have any action just for key "8". Any
      ideas ?
    • siburny
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "siburny" <xak2000@m...> wrote:
        > Today I realized that I can't input symbol "8" anymore. When I
        press
        > key "8" above keys "U" and "I" nothing happens. When I press "8" on
        > numpad also nothing happens. When I try using "ALT" plus typig the
        > key code of "8" on numpad, also nothing happens. Other combinations
        > work fine. I also noticed, that combinations of "ALT", "CTRL",
        > and "SHIFT" with "8" work FINE. I'm totally lost :(. I also checked
        > keyboard mapping. I don't have any action just for key "8". Any
        > ideas ?
        I found the cause of problem. Somehow my default.key file got
        corrupted. I deleted it and now everything works fine, but I lost all
        my cutsom key mappings :(.