Re: command line switches

  • drneurorep
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2003
      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "microman04038" <jmatt001@m...> wrote:
      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > I am new here, thanks for letting me in!
      >
      > I am using EditPlus with the free Borland Command Line Tools for C++.
      > How can I control what command line swithces are used when compiling
      > a .cpp from EditPlus? I would like to use TurboDebugger but I get an
      > error message that the -v swich must be used at both compile and link
      > time.
      >
      > Is EditPlus using the default Borland MAKE
      > when I hit "Ctrl 1"? Can I control the switches from EditPlus?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > JM
    • J
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2003
        If you look at the "Configure User Tools" option on the "Tools" menu
        you'll see a dialog box that defines what happens when you press
        Ctrl+1 (or Ctrl+2, etc.)

        wrote:
        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I am new here, thanks for letting me in!
        >
        > I am using EditPlus with the free Borland Command Line Tools for
        > C++. How can I control what command line swithces are used when
        > compiling a .cpp from EditPlus? I would like to use TurboDebugger
        > but I get an error message that the -v swich must be used at both
        > compile and link
        > time.
        >
        > Is EditPlus using the default Borland MAKE
        > when I hit "Ctrl 1"? Can I control the switches from EditPlus?
        >
        > Thanks!
        > JM
      • microman04038
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2003
          Thanks! I should have looked a little more before I asked. I am
          just now realizing what EditPlus can do and I am very impressed.

          JM