Re: NoClassDefFoundError

  • darren_duke
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2003
      I have a seperate user tool setup to allow packages to run (no need
      to worry about compiling, just use the -d option to point to your
      classpath if your using Java 2).

      I simply select the package class name in the source file (ie.
      com.mypack.utils without the semi-colon!!!!) and run the "Run in
      Package" user tool after a successful compile.

      Something like this as an argument should get you going:

      java $(CurSel).$(FileNameNoExt)

      I'll eventually get around to using a regex to parse it out, maybe as
      a special comment. I'll post it if I ever get around to it.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Edgar" <edgartooley@y...> wrote:
      > This works fine until I add a package to the file. Is there a way
      > configure EP+ run a java app with a package declaration?
      >
      > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "faqster2002 <stanfieldsc@n...>"
      > <stanfieldsc@n...> wrote:
      > > Marie,
      > >
      > > If you are still having the trouble, I suggest the following:
      > >
      > > 1. Go to the editplus home page and click on support and then
      > click
      > > on FAQ. In the FAQ, instructions are provided for setting up Java
      > > compilation and execution. Even if the settings don't make sense
      > > you, you're better off following them to the proverbial "T." I
      > know
      > > this from experience.
      > >
      > > 2. You need to check your path and classpath environment
      varibles:

      > > a. the path must include the path to the Java Development Kit
      > > binaries. For me this is C:\J2SDK.1.4.01\bin. This tells the
      > world,
      > > including edit plus where to find the java compiler, javac.exe,
      and
      > > the runtime, java.exe.
      > >
      > > b. you need a classpath that includes as a minimum the
      > following:
      > > ".;" (without the quotes). I have Windows 98 and my
      > classpath
      > > entry is in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file and looks like this: SET
      > CLASSPATH=
      > > .;c:\.;a:\.. This tells the java runtime to look for your class
      > > files in the current directory, that is the same directory that
      > your
      > > source file (.java) reside in. Until I did this I was forced to
      > > change the classpath everytime I created a new source file
      > directory.
      > > Life such as it is in this regard became much easier when I
      > finally
      > > recognized the significance of this little detail nit. I
      > believe
      > > that only Release 1.3 and latter JDKs make use of this feature.
      If
      > > you have an older version then I suppose you are stuck with
      > including
      > > your source file directory in the classpath statement. Or
      getting
      > > newer version.
      > >
      > > BTW If you are running class files that require user keyboard
      > > input,i.e. System.in.read(), you should not check "Capture
      Output"