Re: [edit+] a simple scripting solution for editplus

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2003
      Some time around 02/01/2003 00:41, I think I heard Dan Green
      <admin@...> say:
      >is anyone interested in some form of scripting language / interpreter
      >combo for editplus? kind of like a macro.
      >
      >would support the major editplus functions like replace. would allow
      >use of placeholders so, for instance, when you save a file it inserts
      >the time/date as you want it formatted.
      >
      >let me know. if there is a demand, i will make one.

      I'd be interested in it! :)

      dZ.
    • ravi
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2003
        > let me know. if there is a demand, i will make one.

        Would be useful ...
      • david warburton

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
            I'd love it! This program keeps getting better and better!

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
              Hello Dan!

              > is anyone interested in some form of scripting language / interpreter
              > combo for editplus? kind of like a macro.

              I'm very (!) curious about this...
              How would you implement this?

              --
              Greetings from Vienna,
              -cw-

              Christian Weiss . Konzeption . Programmierung . Schulung
              A-1230 Wien/Vienna . T +43-1-8862479 . F +43-1-8871109
              http://das.verstehst.net ......................verstanden?
            • denishowe <dbh@doc.ic.ac.uk>
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
                Dan Green <admin@m...> wrote:
                > is anyone interested in some form of scripting language /
                > interpreter combo for editplus? kind of like a macro.

                That would be a dream come true, especially if the language was Perl.
              • Adam Kerz
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
                  Yeah this would be really useful - how will it be integrated into editplus?
                  A user tool wouldn't be must use because I can write my own scripts to do
                  whatever I wanted. If it were to replace functions like the Save function
                  from the file menu that would be perfect...

                  Adam

                • Dan Green <admin@morphedmedia.com>
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 4, 2003
                    i think it would either a) be supported by the developers of Edit+,
                    or I would come up with some kind of way to run the script externally.

                    any thoughts on features or how to approach it? i've got part of the
                    scripting language created, just waiting on input.