RE: [edit+] Freewware alternative to Editplus

  • Lars Berg
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2001
      Cool..

      1) Is there a site, which has tutorials on Editplus (The help files are not
      that helpful)

      2) Isn't it possible to make the cliptext (^!) be used twice?, like:

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 12, 2001
        I have been extremely frustrated in trying to use EditPlus, because of the
        lack of a tutorial or at least decent instruction. In fact, I never use it
        because I can't figure out how!

        The Wicker Woman/Cathryn Peters
        http://www.wickerwoman.com
        531 Main Street
        PO Box 61
        Zumbro Falls, MN 55991-0061
        (507)753-2006
      • Richard Slade
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 12, 2001
          really, it's not so complicated. I'm sure if you ask the right questions
          here, everyone will be happy to help..
          rich

          I have been extremely frustrated in trying to use EditPlus, because of the
          lack of a tutorial or at least decent instruction. In fact, I never use it
          because I can't figure out how!

          The Wicker Woman/Cathryn Peters
          http://www.wickerwoman.com
          531 Main Street
          PO Box 61
          Zumbro Falls, MN 55991-0061
          (507)753-2006

          + + + + + + + + + + + +
          http://www.editplus.com/
          EditPlus text editor, HTML editor, programmers editor for Windows
          + + + + + + + + + + + +

          Post message: editplus@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: editplus-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        • Richard Hart
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 12, 2001
            Hello,

            What are your frustrations with? Are you having trouble editing files?
            If you have specific questions then feel free to ask away :)

            Richard

          • wickrwoman@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 12, 2001
              In a message dated 11/12/2001 6:12:08 AM Central Standard Time,
              richard@... writes:

              <<
              What are your frustrations with? Are you having trouble editing files?
              If you have specific questions then feel free to ask away :)

              All right, this one is very simple probably, but I don't know the answer. I
              realize the code is all colored, what significance do the various colors
              have? Each one much mean something, but what?

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 12, 2001
                If you mean for editing HTML code, then these are the main 3 colours:

                Red = This is for a tag's attribute's name. Such as <body
                bgcolor="#000000"> (in this example the word *bgcolor* will be in red)
                Pink = This is for any quoted text, for things such as an attributes
                value. So using the same example above the part *"#000000" will be in
                pink.

                The syntax highlighting is an easy way for you to identify different
                parts of code and any problems. So if for example I was to miss a close
                speech mark ( " ) on one of my tag's attributes. Then I will be able to
                see it as any subsequent text un until the end of the file or next
                speech mark ( " ) will be coloured in pink.

                Richard

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 12, 2001
                  In EditPlus, use the "Tools|Preferences" menu item to open
                  the "Preferences" dialog box. Select "Settings & syntax"
                  under "Files" in the "Categories" list. Select the HTML "File type,"
                  then click on the "Syntax colors" tab.