Re: [edit+] Correct regular expression for function list?

  • leimpie <leimpie@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 16, 2003
      > Thanks Bmadtiger, this is the ultimate one.
      > It even finds:
      >
      > proc8: PROCEDURE (arg1, arg2) PUBLIC USING 3;

      Well, at a closer look it also finds:
      proc9: PROCEDURE (arg1, arg2) EXTERNAL USING 3;

      this one should be excluded of course.

      It does not find:
      proc10: PROCEDURE BYTE;

      Can this be fixed??

      Thanks,

      --
      Gerrit.
    • Marcin Gryszkalis
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 16, 2003
        leimpie wrote:
        > Can this be fixed??

        Here goest the finall killer regexp ;)

        ^[A-Za-z0-9_]+: *procedure *(\(.*\))?[^X]*;$

        This shows all 'procedures' that can have
        arguments and there's no 'X' character
        after arguments. It assumes that 'X' occures
        only in 'EXTERNAL' (and doesn't occure in all
        other words like 'BYTE' 'PUBLIC' 'WORD' 'USING').

        If the above assumption is not true (eg. there's
        valid word 'EXTENDED') you may look for other letter
        ('A' is the only candidate as ETRNL are used). If
        'A' is still not good you will have to find all
        possible valid words and include them in expression.

        --
        Marcin Gryszkalis
        http://fork.pl
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 17, 2003
          Marcin Gryszkalis wrote:
          > Here goest the finall killer regexp ;)
          >
          > ^[A-Za-z0-9_]+: *procedure *(\(.*\))?[^X]*;$
          >
          > This shows all 'procedures' that can have
          > arguments and there's no 'X' character
          > after arguments. It assumes that 'X' occures
          > only in 'EXTERNAL' (and doesn't occure in all
          > other words like 'BYTE' 'PUBLIC' 'WORD' 'USING').

          This seems to be the final one.
          Just tried it and it looks OK.

          After resizing the Function List in EditPlus the size is not
          remembered next time I start EditPlus. Is there a way to have EP
          remember the size??

          Thanks so far,

          --
          Gerrit.