Cursor won't move

  • fmhabash <fmhabash@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2002
      Am relatively new to EditPlus. I have VB5.6 syntax file. When I type
      a keyword like vbCRLF, the program notices it and corrects the
      casing. However, the cursor sticks at the end of the keyword i.e.
      the 'f' letter in the example above. Pressing the space bar does not
      move the cursor so I can not continue typing. Any suggestions?
    • Andrew
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2002
        Hi fmhabash,

        Check in your autocompletion file for the case sensitivity.
        If is set to 'n' then set it to 'y'

        Eg: #CASE=y

        Don't forget to 'Refresh STX/ACP', if you have saved
        changes to your autocompletion file, while you still have
        your program file open in EditPlus.

        If this does not solve your problem then check how many
        entries you have for that same word in your autocompletion
        file.

        Regards,
        Andrew.

        PS. EP+ = TheBest.

        Am relatively new to EditPlus. I have VB5.6 syntax file. When I type
        a keyword like vbCRLF, the program notices it and corrects the
        casing. However, the cursor sticks at the end of the keyword i.e.
        the 'f' letter in the example above. Pressing the space bar does not
        move the cursor so I can not continue typing. Any suggestions?

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Clint
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2002
          fmhabash,

          Add a space after the word (I don't know if there is another way). eg.

          #T=vbcrlf
          vbCRLF <--space!

          I was just messing around with an auto complete file and I think I will like the following changes I've made, and this will give you an example of cursor positioning as well...

          #T=if
          If ^! Then
          #T=end
          End If

          Am still looking for a way to make keywords change their case without using autocomplete eg. if I type "then" I want it to appear as "Then" .. to get this to work with auto complete I would have to type "then " to get it to change it's case because auto complete doesn't work when the keyword is at the end of the line and [enter] is pressed...... thanks. (no I wasn't able to fix my editplus FTP upload problem, but thanks to the people that assisted.)

          Clint