Re: [edit+] A newbie set of questions...

  • Mr. Scot McC
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2002
      I only have an answer for a couple of your questions. The "user files" are
      text files that contain several things, such as: JavaScripts, templates,
      pearl scripts, c++ snippets etc. As with the "user files" Edit plus also
      supports style sheets and for assistance there are several files on their
      site that has pre-made css code to add to your html pages... Edit plus is
      great.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2002
        "Can and does it support XHTML, DHTML, XML and other formats?"

        I look at DTHML as being CSS and JavaScript. I use CSS a bunch in making
        web pages and I've had no problem with it. Edit Plus does save files with
        .css and .js extensions, and they color code CSS and JavaScript code. You
        can use the cliptext window to create CSS properties, but I don't see
        anything for JavaScript. I went and created a XHTML template and so far I
        don't have much of a problem making a XHTML page using Edit Plus. I'm not
        sure if Edit Plus allows you to change the button creation of tag code so
        something like a 'br' tag would have the ' /' after the 'br' part. Would be
        nice if you could change it. XML is a different beast mostly do to the fact
        that xml tags can have so many different names so the knowing what to color
        gets difficult. I've played around with doing some XML pages in Edit Plus
        and it wasn't a big ordeal. I also use Edit Plus for Java and it's been
        great for doing that.

      • Ivan R. Lanin
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 24, 2002
          > I'm not sure if Edit Plus allows you to change the button creation of tag
          code so
          > something like a 'br' tag would have the ' /' after the 'br' part. Would
          be
          > nice if you could change it. XML is a different beast mostly do to the
          fact
          > that xml tags can have so many different names so the knowing what to
          color
          > gets difficult. I've played around with doing some XML pages in Edit Plus
          > and it wasn't a big ordeal. I also use Edit Plus for Java and it's been
          > great for doing that.

          open file htmlbar.acp in installation directory of editplus, edit the tags
          there and voila, you've got xhtml compliant html bar (except for the img
          tag, since it's hardcoded in the program).

          hth, IRL.