PHP Parsing with EditPlus

  • uortim2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2002
      I just found a way to parse PHP Files with EditPlus.
      It may help you too, so here is the config description:

      1. Open "Preferences" under "Tools".
      2. Select "User Tools".

      3. Create a new "Group Name".
      4. Create a new Tool via "Add Tool",
      type something like "PHP Parser" in "Menu Text:",
      load the Path to the "PHP.exe" in "Command:",
      set "$(FilePath)" in "Argument:" and
      set "$(FileDir)" in "Initial Dyrectory:".

      Now you can start parsing PHP Files by holding "Ctrl+1" Keys.
      And all users that like EditPlus but don't know how to parse
      PHP files don't need other Tools to Debug PHP scripts.

      For Feedback: lars@...
    • Varun Shoor
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2002
        Yep and did you know that if you call php using php -l you can check
        your files files for syntax errors? :)

        Saved me a lot of time, I just debug the files directly and redirect the
        output to the output windows shows data including line numbers and type
        of error.

        This only works for syntax errors btw.

        _________________________________
        varun@...
        Kayako Web Solutions
        http://www.kayako.com
        eSupport - Feature Packed & Robust Support System
        LiveResponse - The Ultimate Live Support Package
        I just found a way to parse PHP Files with EditPlus.
        It may help you too, so here is the config description:

        1. Open "Preferences" under "Tools".
        2. Select "User Tools".

        3. Create a new "Group Name".
        4. Create a new Tool via "Add Tool",
        type something like "PHP Parser" in "Menu Text:",
        load the Path to the "PHP.exe" in "Command:",
        set "$(FilePath)" in "Argument:" and
        set "$(FileDir)" in "Initial Dyrectory:".

        Now you can start parsing PHP Files by holding "Ctrl+1" Keys.
        And all users that like EditPlus but don't know how to parse
        PHP files don't need other Tools to Debug PHP scripts.

        For Feedback: lars@...

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=237459.2482214.3917349.2146399/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        351788:HM/A=1267611/R=0/*http:/ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N2524.Yahoo/B1071
        650;sz=300x250;ord=1035987630736051?>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=237459.2482214.3917349.2146399/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1267611/rand=421501234>

      • Lars Schinkel
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2002
          Yes! (Don't mean that I knew that!)

          Thats exactly what I want!

          You see I'm new to programming PHP. New to Programming whatever.
          But EditPlus seams to be very comfortable to configure as you like
          to work with.

          I "just" typed -1 insted of -l and saw what the options for php.exe.
          I thank you for this feedback. This is why I like to communicate
          with users around our planet.

          You reached Lars in Hannover (English write Hanover) Expo City 2000.

          >Yep and did you know that if you call php using php -l you can check
          >your files files for syntax errors? :)
          >
          >Saved me a lot of time, I just debug the files directly and redirect the
          >output to the output windows shows data including line numbers and
          >type<BR>
          >of error.
          >
          >This only works for syntax errors btw.
          >_________________________________
          >
          >varun@...
        • Varun Shoor
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2002
            Lars,
            Np at all.

            You don't know how tiring it was for me before I didn't know about it..
            but now, I just debug all my files in a jiffy after saving them..

            Anyone know if it is possible to make Editplus run a command for *ALL*
            open files?

            Regards,

            Varun Shoor

            _________________________________
            varun@...
            Kayako Web Solutions
            http://www.kayako.com
            eSupport - Feature Packed & Robust Support System
            LiveResponse - The Ultimate Live Support Package
            You see I'm new to programming PHP. New to Programming whatever.
            But EditPlus seams to be very comfortable to configure as you like
            to work with.

            I "just" typed -1 insted of -l and saw what the options for php.exe.
            I thank you for this feedback. This is why I like to communicate
            with users around our planet.

            You reached Lars in Hannover (English write Hanover) Expo City 2000.

            >Yep and did you know that if you call php using php -l you can check
            >your files files for syntax errors? :)
            >
            >Saved me a lot of time, I just debug the files directly and redirect
            the
            >output to the output windows shows data including line numbers and
            >type<BR>
            >of error.
            >
            >This only works for syntax errors btw.
            >_________________________________
            >
            >varun@...

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=226671.2053067.3698778.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=1705
            351788:HM/A=1269250/R=0/*http:/shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?sharpe
            rimage-best+Kx5gsR:dmad/M=226671.2053067.3698778.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=1
            705351788:HM/A=1269250/R=1/1036020642+ir105.html>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=226671.2053067.3698778.2273195/D=egrou
            pmail/S=:HM/A=1269250/rand=747406228>

          • ybilik
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2002
              Hi,
              You can customize the output debug in order to jump to lines
              containing errors:
              - in the user tools preferences, for the tool that launch "php.exe -
              l", check the box "capture output"
              - now click "output pattern"
              - uncheck "use default output pattern"
              - copy the following line in the regular expression editbox:
              ^<b>[^<]*</b>[^<]*<b>([^<]+)</b>[^<]*<b>([0-9]+).*$
              - now choose "Tagged expression 1" for File Name, and "Tagged
              expression2" for Line (leave the other one to "None")
              - confirm with OK (twice)

              Now, when running the user-tool, double-clicking on an error in the
              output window will move the cursor in the edit window to the
              corresponding line.

              Rem: I don't know if php output messages have the same format or if
              it depends on the php.exe version. On my computer, it looks like this:
              <b>Parse error</b>: parse error, unexpected T_MINUS_EQUAL in
              The regular expression I wrote above matchs this format.

              Regards,

              Yan